Extremely dissatisfied with Ghann cricket farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobalized

So i played a order on monday, to receive the crickets on tuesday morning. And no crickets on tuesday morning im thinking to myself hmm where are they, so i track them. Come to find out there 1600 miles away in NY state and im in FL. Ya they confused my billing and shipping address, heres what they said "woops we didnt realize you had a different billing and shipping address, our mistake" So they so kindly send another 500 to me, so now the extra money i paid for next morning shipping is a waist cause its wednesday and im supposed to have them this morning.. WRONG!!! The special instructions block which i put information in said "leave at main office" (due to the fact i live in a apartment) well dhl didnt get the memo from ghann and didnt have a apartment number so they didnt deliver..... GREAT only 3 days down, lets see if they can get it right before the day is over. And whats the point of having the different blocks for information on their website if they dont actually read them and use the information? :angry5:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Yikes, that sucks. My delivery and billing addresses are different too, but I guess I've been lucky. I would ask for a refund, or at the very least, a credit for the shipping amount. It was not your fault, in the least, and you shouldn't have to pay for that.

I don't order from Ghanns, but I have heard some good things about them. I hope they make it right for you; there is just far too many competitors.. And word spreads too easily these days..

ETA: I live in an apartment, too. Our UPS/FedEx guys always leave stuff at the office. I have my feeders sent to work, so I don't freak him out!! I'd rather freak out my bosses, it's way more fun!

Mobalized

Original Poster
well dhl did get the shipment here today. so im not to unhappy, bout 100 were dead id say. and i put food in for them but they dont seem real interested.

Mobalized

Original Poster
what all do u guys put in ur cricket tanks? i have paper towels on the bottom, and egg crate and toilet paper rolls. anything else u guys recommend?

supertrisha

Juvie Member
Mobalized":3c7b1 said:
what all do u guys put in ur cricket tanks? i have paper towels on the bottom, and egg crate and toilet paper rolls. anything else u guys recommend?

I always put in a bowl of diced potatoes to eat or some of the Fluker's cricket food and cricket water (don't use a dish... the dummies will drown!) Be sure there is pleanty of egg crate and other things for them to be able to spread out on... I have found that the more room they have, the longer they last.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Mobalized":184f3 said:

I do the exact same thing.. paper towels taped to the bottom, toilet paper rolls, egg crates..
I quarter potatoes and put them in, along with bearded dragon pellets for food and water crystals in an old fish food container lid.

Mobalized

Original Poster
i was using a combination food/water cube from the pet store for my 30-40 crickets iw as buying at the pet store just wondering what everyone is doing for their bulk :p

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Mobalized":b6bc5 said:
i was using a combination food/water cube from the pet store for my 30-40 crickets iw as buying at the pet store just wondering what everyone is doing for their bulk :p

The food/water stuff is fine, but it will get expensive. 500 crickets will plow through a jar of that stuff. Get some water crystals, you make them yourself, so they are crazy cheap. We bought the beardie pellets in hopes of getting our girl to eat them, so we could leave her food for the weekends if we left, but no such luck. My crickets eat them up, though. It's actually funny, they carry them all over the tank. I figure it's the perfect cricket food, since it's 'scientifically' formulated for the beardies... It's a lot cheaper than the pet store brand cricket food.

I don't know what Ghann's sells, but most online cricket suppliers offer chow and water crystals.. It usually doesn't affect the shipping cost much, either.. so check it out for your next order, you'll save some $

patrickb

Juvie Member
Mobalized":b8fe9 said:
make what urself?
The water cubes you are buying from the petstore. They are around what $8 per a jar of that stuff? You can order the dry crystals online through various vendors for about $1-$2 per an ounce. Each ounce of the dry crystals will produce about 1 gallon of the hydrated crystals (the same thing you get in the jar at the petstore). So it would be like getting 10 jars of the petstore stuff for $2 versus $80. ;) As was mentioned, a jar will last no time for 500 crickets.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I love MIKES PREMIUM CRICKETS!They seem to last forever.Good butter worms too.$31.00 for 250 crickets 50 butters 2day shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom