Extended Megaray bulb delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmwelch

I was thinking about ordering some extra Megaray bulbs to have some backups on hand just in case (and for future use) when I noticed that there is a shipping delay until @ 10/21 for what seems like all if their bulbs. A five month shipping delay seems extraordinarily long, so I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the reason? I saw the note about the flu causing delayed shipments and I can understand about a few weeks perhaps related to that, but 5 months?

Wendy

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
From the 5 or so years I've been on this forum, never have I once seen a thread where someone boasted, "wow my mega ray came in on time!" Maybe that will tell you something.

someidletuesday

I made a profile so I could reply to you.

I too saw the comment about shipping delays until 10/21 on the website when I went to order. I called the owner today and he said that that is NOT TRUE. He sounds like a really great guy. He was upset that was on his website. He mentioned something about how his ex-wife was supposed to remove that. He asked me to tell everyone that is not the case (I mentioned forums and I guess he assumed I was active on them).

Anyway.... starting now orders will take something like 6-8 weeks? I may be wrong on that, but it was definitely between 2 and 8 weeks... because he talked for a long time about a lot of stuff I don't know about (manufacturing, testing, suppliers, magnesium coatings, etc.). Poor guy sounded like he needs a vacation! He apologizes for his illness, the delays, and for "his poor choice in women" and is working tirelessly to keep up with demand while maintaining the quality as his business grows. Oh, and sending out bulbs first to those with sick animals? This dude is awesome in my book!

I used to tell myself one day I would invent the ultimate mercury vapor bulb, but now I'm glad I didn't lol. If any reptile enthusiasts live near him, um... he might appreciate some help (my idea).

Oh, and he also says he hopes to get his product into Petsmart in a year. :blob5:

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
^He still can't get his bulbs manufactured correctly? It's been so many years since their bulbs and customer service went out of whack and customers are still getting the same old story.

Why do people keep ordering from megaray? You go through the hassle of getting a bulb that isn't burnt out when you open the box, and then it makes your beardie sick. Just buy a bulb that works. One you know is manufactured properly to keep your animal healthy and is readily available... a couple brands come to mind.

Just my 2 cents.

wmwelch

Original Poster
Thanks for the update. It is good to know that the delay is not nearly as bad as I thought. For the record, it was not my intention to bash Bob Mac. I have personally spoken to him and exchanged emails with him, and do agree with other poster that he is a good guy who genuinely cares about reptiles. I experienced some delays with my bulbs that I ordered last year, but they all work, and my iguana and three bearded dragons have responsed favorably to them. I had one bearded dragon that I hand fed baby food and critical care for 3 months, and not long after replacing her basking bulb with a Megaray, she started eating on her own and adding on weight. So when the bulbs are right, and when you can get them, they are good bulbs. That being said, I would not wait until the last minute to order them. The possibility of getting the bulbs in Petsmart is really good news, and I look forward to them showing up. I do agree with a previous poster that Bob could really use some help.

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom