Exploring your house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it on Kijiji. It was only $20, a great find! They had a few different sizes to choose from but I picked the smaller one so I could move it around easily. I even used it for her to stay in for a few days at my parents' house when we went away. I wouldn't leave her in it permanently, but it's a great back-up. By the way, It also has a mesh piece that zips on the top so it's fully enclosed.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Thank you, am gonna order a couple of them, one for each dragon as I will not put them together.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
What I like about the playpen is the top edge. Once they climb the sides they cannot get out. My question is, do you worry they may climb to the top and then fall?
I do love the idea though.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I made a play pen so the walls aren't too high and they all do climb out of it since it's made with blankets. They've never once hurt themselves getting out.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
That sounds great except I don't want my little one getting out. I ma afraid he will get himself hurt running around. I would like to see a picture of your playpen though.
Valerie

My playpen (the one in the picture above) has mesh that only goes partway up on the sides. Goliath can only climb the mesh section since the rest is made out of nylon. She can't get a grip on the nylon part.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Here's how mine is set up:

6Orx8nr.png

DB4pVOz.png

izPjTUk.png

4hgSie7.png

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Thanks. It seems with my guys that if they have something to climb like a stack of books or pillows of building blocks they are less likely to try and climb out.

Oooh, how nifty! This is a great thread! I like seeing how everybody else handles this. I was super curious in the beginning about how I would have my little Lily out. I got her when she was barely four weeks old, so she was tiny and fast! But now that she's a bit older and slower, I don't mind having her out and leaving her on the ground. I just sit by her on the floor and watch and make sure she doesn't go anywhere she's not supposed to. My dogs are curious and sometimes sniff them but that's it. I also like to sit them in front of the gas fireplace when I sit in front of it, because it's warm. Both my Noah and Lily love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom