Exploding poo / vomit?! D: HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what happened, really. D:

I'm a new owner, and I havne't had her go poo yet for me. (I got her yesterday.)

But...I looked over in her tank earlier today when I noticed it smelled funny, and it looked like she VOMIT everywhere. It was runny or chunky like human vomit, it was chunks of the superworms and crickets I fed her yesterday... :puke: I don't know if it was her puking or pooping. D:

I'm really worried, too, because she was all puffed out and black bearded.

Could she be having trouble digesting the food?

KAFGHLSDGKASDGLKSA;DG. I'm sorry worried. D:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Congrats on your new beardie!
How old is your beardie? It is possible that it is vomit, but I am leaning more towards poo...especially with the smell. If indeed, it is poop you need to take him to the vet....sounds like it could be parasites. He definitely should have a fecal exam done.

mitternachtvogel

Original Poster
The reason I thought it was vomit is because after I picked her up to clean her sandbox out, she opened her mouth open a mile, and was pushing a dead cricket head up out of her throat at me.

She was black bearded and inflated and everything, and I can tell that it upset her. :c

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there, sorry to hear that your beardie is having some digestion problems. Could you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using and what the basking & cool side temps are? What brand & type of UVB are you using? What size tank is it & what is the wattage of the basking bulb, is it a white or colored bulb? Be sure to keep her very well hydrated as she could be dehydrated from vomiting. Let us know how she is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom