exo terra

Status
Not open for further replies.

mece

im going have to get a bigger tank soon I have a 20 long now with a 100m watt powersun im thinking about getting a exo terra terrarium 36x18x18 anyone have this tank ? if I get it do I have to get the 160 watt bulb ? and what should I use for the bottom ?

Ack

I have this exact tank and love it. It seems to be sturdy and well made. I've only had it for a few days though. I love being able to open and access from the front without having to move the lights and remove the top. Its a lot easier to reach in and do things from the front too, rather than reaching down into an aquarium. I like that there's a good amount of solid wall below the opening doors to help keep beardies and crickets from running out while the doors are open. All in all a great design and much more convenient than a standard aquarium.

My one complaint so far is that the lid is a screen, but has plastic dividers that break it into sections 7" in width. This means that I couldn't rest a dome light larger than 7" in diameter on top of the lid because the plastic dividers got in the way. The dividers also limit the ability to place lights exactly where you want. I ended up replacing the lid with a solid one piece metal screen type lid. It fits perfectly and now that can arrange my lights however I like.

If you have any specific questions about the enclosure just let me know.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
How much did the new screen cost? Is it from ExoTerra or did you make it yourself? I have a similar tank(it's 36 long, 24 tall 18 wide) and I don't really like it being sectioned off (we had to buy a new light fixture for our old reptile to fit in it because the plastic braces started melting. T.T).

Ack

The screen is a "Zilla fresh air screen cover". I got it for around $20 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000QFQ30K/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1364084444&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

It fits the exo Terra well. It rests on top with no clips to hold it down. I wouldn't trust it with a snake or other animal known for being an escape artist, but I feel comfortable with it for a beardie in an 18" tall tank.

I'm using a store bought reptile carpet for now. I may j st switch to paper. Not sure yet. Be aware that an 18x36 carpet will be slightly too large for the exo Terra tank. The interior dimensions are just a but smaller. You'll have to trim it or fold it over a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom