Exo-Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelley

I was wondering if the Exo-Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 florescent tube bulbs were any good. I originally ordered a Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 bulb off eBay, but it arrived broken. I need to get something asap and my Petsmart only carries the Repti-Glos. The Exotic Pet shop has the Reptisuns, but they are like $45. Petsmart has the 24" Repti-Glos on sale for $25 right now.

AndyT

Juvie Member
The ReptiGlos are no good right now. I would recommend just ordering a ReptiSUN 10.0 online, as they are much cheaper. http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html that website has the best prices. I think if you order it from there it only amounts to 25-30$, shipping included. A ReptiGlo is just not worth the risk, you would probably have to return or trash it anyway, if your dragon began showing symptoms of sickness. Keep us posted.

Andy

bkelley

Original Poster
Well right now I just have his basking lamp and a normal 24" florescent for lighting. I've been taking him outside a couple times a day for some UV exposure to compensate for the lack of UV in his viv. I'm not concerned about his health right now as he is very active and shows no signs of sickness. I just wanted to get him a UV bulb asap which is why I was looking to buy in town.

Frito

Hatchling Member
if you order a reptisun 10.0 online after shipping your going to save at most 15 dollars over the local store that is selling them for 45 dollars, its entirely up to you of course but think of it this way if you bought the reptiglo and then shortly after replaced it with a reptisun bought online you could have bought that local reptisun and went to lunch on the money saved :D

another thing to look for in the future is reptile shows, there is one going on in san jose, ca right now and yesterday i picked up a new reptisun 10.0 for 23 dollars from LLLReptile at the show, they were selling all sizes of 10.0's for this price so i could not pass it up :)

oh and one more thing, check all bulbs before buying if you buy locally, the first reptisun 10.0 i got at the show had a manufacturing defect in one of the end caps and clearly would not work, unfortunately i did not take it out of the box until i go home from the show so i had to go back yesterday to exchange it but at least i didn't have to mess around with return shipping bs like i would have had i bought it online.

petmountain.com is where many people get them online i got my 48" 10.0 from them they did a good job of boxing it but they charge you extra shipping for florescent tubes because they must be double boxed to protect them so it ends up costing around 30 dollars if recall

bkelley

Original Poster
I place an order for one from PetMountain. Of course I couldn't just order the bulb, so I ended up spending $50, but the Reptisuns are on sale for $20.

bkelley

Original Poster
Got the Reptisun in the other day. Bane is loving it, spending a lot of time on his branch closest to the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom