Exo terra 36x18x18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
So it's about time to upgrade Buttercups cage and I am currently looking at the Exo terra 36x18x18.

Pic for reference http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4070851

My thoughts on buying this enclosure are opening from the front instead of always having to move the lights= awesome. And cleaning should be alot easier.

My questions though for anyone that has this enclosure are: Do you have any problems with the enclosure? And heating issues, if any?

Pics of your beardie in this tank for reference would be awesome!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I don't personally have this tank because of it's price, but I have heard a lot of good reviews about it, if that helps and that it makes life a little easier without the hassle of taking the lights on and off every time you want to take your beardie out.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was going to go and get a 40 breeder but petsmart doesn't carry them here. Looked around on craigslist ext buy no dice. It's a bit pricey, but will never have to buy a cage again. That's my thought process at least.

fusebaum

Hi! I don't know if you already bought this, but I have it for one of my girls and it is actually a really good tank, and having it open in the front is really nice too. It i a tad expensive, and I still feel like she doesn't have enough room so all of my girls are upgrading and we're building custom enclosures. But it is a really nice tank! Mine loved the background so much she climbed on it all the time, and it lasted a while, but after about 8 months i had to remove it.

Blorp

I have this tank for my baby and love it! Pros: Easy access with the front open. That means you really never have to remove the top or mess with your lighting. Also very spacious but I'll probably go bigger at some point when he's an adult. The styrofoam background looks great and my guy loves climbing it. Cons: Price of course. Also, as cool as the background is, it makes it very easy for crickets to climb and actually hide behind. Making it difficult to get them out. SO I'm actually removing my background just to ensure no crickets are sneaking around and hiding.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome! I'm actually not going to worry too much about the background because I feed dubias in a dish. Shouldnt have to worry too much about that. As far as price goes, I would either have to order a 40 gal breeder offline and pay shipping ect, buy a screen top and stuff, or just get this exo terra. It seems it would both be around the same price either way so why not go with convenience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom