Excessive tail whipping while bathing?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Chubbs is shedding her tail and every time I give her a bath she will tail whip in the water. My Amber did the same but she is done shedding so she stopped is this a common behavior? Sorta reminds me of a fish propelling forward after being released back in to the water. I first thought it was aggression but they are both generally wicked laid back and extremely docile

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It is with some dragons, it's like they're excited. Sometimes they will scratch around in the water too or use their back foot to scratch their head. Mostly when they shed but at other times as well.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It is with some dragons, it's like they're excited. Sometimes they will scratch around in the water too or use their back foot to scratch their head. Mostly when they shed but at other times as well.
They both do that Chubbs would be a fish if she had the chance but with Amber not so much. I think Chubbs loves it because she can swim and splash she gets most of her water that way too. I just haven't ever seen the tail whip unless I pick them up the wrong way and they helicopter their tails. Just glad it's not a uncommon thing for them to do

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom