Excessive hiding and stress marks, cause for concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism1

Hi all!

So my beardie has been retreating to his hide everyday for about 5 weeks now. I can't find a cause though, as he goes there on his own after basking for a while. Sometimes I'll feed him, he'll bask, and then he'll go into his hid and won't come out. Sometimes I take him out and put him on his basking rock, and he'll stay there for a while before going back into his hide.

I've also noticed that he has stress marks on him all the time, sometimes light, but he almost never has a clear, white belly, especially when basking.

His set-up:

Basking spot: power sun 100watt, about 100 degrees, and he opens his mouth when under it after a while of basking.
Heatbulb: a generic 40 watt from the hardware store that doesn't produce light.

Coolside: 75 degrees-70 degrees inside his hide.

He has been eating pheonix worms and pooping in his bath every two days.

Any suggestions or things to change?

Thanks everyone!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Do you use a uvb? If so is it coil/compact or tube? What brand? How are you taking the temps? What size enclosure is he in?

chrism1

Original Poster
destiny1998":12ny9anj said:
Hi. Do you use a uvb? If so is it coil/compact or tube? What brand? How are you taking the temps? What size enclosure is he in?

hey, yeah the power sun is MVB with both UVB and heat. It's a bulb, like a basking bulb. I'm using a zoomed thermometer probe and his enclosure is about 70 gallons.

chrism1

Original Poster
destiny1998":7nihdhaq said:
How old is he? Brumation maybe?

He's is just under a year old. I think it might be but sometimes he wakes up on his own and this morning he fell asleep outside of his hide and once I turned on the lights he went to his basking spot. I hope he is brumating though because I can't think of anything else...

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yeah I have one thats doing weird things also. She'll sleep for a few days, then she'll bask one, return to her hide the next and won't eat a thing. Basically driving me nuts with worry half the time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom