Every which way but normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 18 eggs, then down to two. One was larger than the other (lets call that egg 1), then the other outgrew that one (lets call this 2). Egg 1 has started to slightly sink in, but I cannot tell if it is sweating or if its just going bad. Egg 2 had been slowly growing and then started sweating like mad a week or more ago. I've been checking in on them twice a day, but then the other day egg 2 started to look more tan/brown, the sweating stopped, then yesterday it turned a kind of cocoa brown and is sweating again. They are 74 days old and have stayed at a steady temp of 84-86 degrees. i would post a picture, but at the moment I don't have the ability to. Egg 2 is still perfectly round, just dark, but egg 1 is still lighter in color and slightly sunken in, but not completely.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
this is what egg 2 looks like
egg.jpg

but its sweating a couple drop(s) again.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
Please. Can someone respond? My last posting had only one response, which was after the fact from my last worries. I have been so hopeful for these/this little baby(ies). I know for those of you who only had a couple babies hatch how important and special it is for any others to hatch out of a hundred eggs over the years. I would appreciate any kind of answer. Please.

BeardedDragonCo

Hatchling Member
Honestly, I don't think they are alive any more. If they start sweating, they should hatch within a few days. If they turn brown, they're usually dead. Your temps are a bit high, but I doubt its the issue, they usually hatch a little early with temps like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom