Escape Artists

I’ve been lazy and have forgotten to post about both of these incidents for like 2 years. Well, better late than never!

I moved houses about a year ago, so now it’s pretty different. In the old house, I kept my piano and Cookie’s cage in my bedroom, since it was fairly big. I would occasionally bring Cookie out while I played piano, and he would either sleep on the piano or sit on me. One time, something arose while I was playing with him, and I had to put him back in his cage. Turns out, 6 hours later when I was coming down to feed him, I had not locked his cage. His enclosure was on a desk, so he had jumped down. I was looking all around the room, until I found him taking a nap beneath my dresser! Lesson learnt, always double check the cage locks!

The next incident involved Waffles. So this was another cage escape incident, but this time, he wasn’t locked up in my room like Cookie was. We have 2 dogs, and one is very interested in eating small animals. We aren‘t sure at what time he got out, but a few hours after I had ’locked’ his enclosure, my father had nearly crushed him! He got a picture of Waffles, and I think Waffles was a bit grumpy about being found! I just hope neither try to escape again…

Waffles when he got found.
23BFB93D-0EDF-4D93-BD51-6E04BF975F7E.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
DANNGGG I'm busted lol.
Have you ever noticed they always seem to end up in a corner somewhere lol? I think corners confuse them.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
DANNGGG I'm busted lol.
Have you ever noticed they always seem to end up in a corner somewhere lol? I think corners confuse them.
I think corners make them feel safe. Two sides they are protected from. Also cuts off escape routes, but if they are already scared with no immediate threat and they just want to hunker down, being a little more confined could be comforting.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
You absolutely could be right,every time mine explore when they are done i always find them in a corner somewhere.

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
I’ve been lazy and have forgotten to post about both of these incidents for like 2 years. Well, better late than never!

I moved houses about a year ago, so now it’s pretty different. In the old house, I kept my piano and Cookie’s cage in my bedroom, since it was fairly big. I would occasionally bring Cookie out while I played piano, and he would either sleep on the piano or sit on me. One time, something arose while I was playing with him, and I had to put him back in his cage. Turns out, 6 hours later when I was coming down to feed him, I had not locked his cage. His enclosure was on a desk, so he had jumped down. I was looking all around the room, until I found him taking a nap beneath my dresser! Lesson learnt, always double check the cage locks!

The next incident involved Waffles. So this was another cage escape incident, but this time, he wasn’t locked up in my room like Cookie was. We have 2 dogs, and one is very interested in eating small animals. We aren‘t sure at what time he got out, but a few hours after I had ’locked’ his enclosure, my father had nearly crushed him! He got a picture of Waffles, and I think Waffles was a bit grumpy about being found! I just hope neither try to escape again…

Waffles when he got found. View attachment 73488
Hahaha this is so funny!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
You absolutely could be right,every time mine explore when they are done i always find them in a corner somewhere.
Ugh the corners, Cookie is always in a corner! He even took his hammock down and uses it as a cave in the corner now. My boys also think my neck is a corner…

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Mine can't decide if my neck is a corner or a dig box lmao. All 3 will occasionally try to burrow in (ouch).

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Mine can't decide if my neck is a corner or a dig box lmao. All 3 will occasionally try to burrow in (ouch).
Oooh god, Cookie uses my face as a slide sometimes! My neck is now scarred from Cookie digging into it!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
lol , again OUCH :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom