Equipment configuration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalder

Hi everyone. I've searched all of the posts on the forum but can't seem to find the answer that I need.

I recently bought myself some equipment to prepare my home tank for housing a Bearded Dragon. I've got a Fan heat light for basking, a reptile tube with reflector, a thermostat, an electric timer and a few power boards.

The question I'm really asking here is how should these things be connected with each other? I don't want to connect the tube to the thermostat and I don't want to connect the fan heat lights to the timer or else the dragons will get cold overnight.

Any help would be great.

1DRAGON

Hello jwalder. I personally purchased all my items after doing exhaustive research on beardie care. It is important to set up days and nights for your beardie. They need a basking side of the enclosure, 120 degrees max at the closest point of basking to the heat source. Any hotter, they run the risk of severe burns. They will not necessarily move from a heat source that is too hot. A "heat rock" is not suggested for beardies. They also need a cool side with a temp of about 85 degrees. Nighttime temps should be no lower than about 70 degrees. Do NOT place a glass enclosure in direct sunlight, you will cook your beardie alive. Do not place it along a cold outside wall in the winter. I have a 4 bulb light hood: 1 fluorescent bulb for UV/B rays for daytime, 2 bulbs for basking with UV/A rays for daytime, and 1 bulb for nighttime viewing. The hood has 2 cords, so you can set up lights for different times. It is plugged into an 8 outlet timer I purchased at the pet store. 4 outlets always hot for items such as water pumps or floor heaters. The other 4 are controlled by the timer. This way you control items to turn on or off automatically. They are about $40.00, but well worth the comfort in knowing it's all done if you can't get home to do it yourself. Hope this helps. Good luck!

jwalder

Original Poster
Thanks 1Dragon.

The 8 port board sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I live in Melbourne, and our pet shops seem to be less equiped than those where ever you are. I couldn't find one anywhere. I'll have to stick with the st up I already have.

Also, since I live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm thinking I might not need any night heating for a while (It's our Summer now). And even in winter it only drops down to about 10 degrees C over night. I'm really hoping this doesn't kill the poor guy, but I'll ask some local keepers what they do.

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom