Equiping a 40gallon 36x18x17 enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting the new top for the 40 gallon tomorrow and I am going to buy everything i need to get it set up. I have a basking 150w spot light. A zilla 18" light fixture with a desert bulb in it now. The tank has an undertank heater. I am trying to figure out what size heat emitter to purchase. As these things are very expensive here I don't want to do the whole try different wattage's option.

Anyone have any idea on what to start with?

shootthebunnies

Original Poster
I understand that, it is the tank and lights the rescued dragon came with. I have him in a 20L now and have a tank heater that is not in use. I am using the lights now because there was no point in buying anything for the small enclosure when the new screen for the larger one would be here within a week.

I have a 60watt CHE in the same size tank. It raises the daytime cool side temps from the low to mid 70s to the mid to high 80s. Places like Petco are pretty good about accepting returns for lights if they don't work out for you. I'd try the 60w first, and if it's not enough, see if you can return it for the next size up?

shootthebunnies

Original Poster
Went to pick my top up today and they ordered the wrong one. They told me they were ordering a slide lock replacement, instead they ordered the typical snap over style. Back to trying to get a hold of Zilla and get the right top.

I need the slide lock due to small children in the house that can get the snap clips off of the other style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom