Entertainment center viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

Here is the start of my soon to be Dragons new home.

Picked up an entertainment center for free as the start of the project.

Gutted the center of it and added a more secure back to it made out of 5/8 Melamine. Added 3 vents and have one more to install in it. Going to install the lights in the top section and make a few different levels for climbing and basking.

I still need to get some plexiglass for the front and build a track for it. I'm still thinking of using some kind of sticky tile or lyno for the bottom. I might even cut another piece of the Melamine for the bottom as I still have half a sheet left over to make cleanup easy. More pictures and details of the build to follow. Hope to have it completed by the end of the weekend.

SnowDog

Original Poster
Got the lights installed tonight and Zena is in her loaner home from the pet store. Hope to get the track and doors made up tomorrow. I need to do a bit of trimming from the flush mount light on the left as the wood gets a bit too warm for my liking.

Looks great. Love seeing creative uses and designs that look like furniture or reuse furniture. Plenty of storage for supplies. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Also cool the pet store loaned you a temporary cage

SnowDog

Original Poster
gunkleneil":2qyelaa2 said:
Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Also cool the pet store loaned you a temporary cage

Thanks and I just finished installing the door tracks and a few other things, should have some pics up later tonight. My local pet shop is pretty cool...they gave me 20% off everything when I bought the BD including the BD. The tank is one of the ones they use in the store for their for sale critters that they weren't using so I got it for about a weeks loan.

I'm keeping the top area for storage of an extra bulb or supplies that won't be damaged from the heat of the lights. Bottom storage is for the cricket pen and other things that need to stay cool. Happy with it so far but need to bring my temp gun home to see what the inside is getting to now that the doors are on, might have to add the 4th vent depending on what it gets up to.

SnowDog

Original Poster
Got the shelf for the cooler hide away spot and did some trimming around the flush light, much cooler on the wood now. Also got the tracks and slide doors mounted, just need to add a couple of stops and knobs to it now.

Had to do a little more trimming on the log so it would clear the door track but got everything in and moved her in about an hour ago.

She must like it because after about 15 min of letting her bask in the lamp and get used to it I dumped in about 12-15 crickets. Only one or two left now lol.

CliffsMom

Beautiful! So big for such a little dragon :) He must be thrilled.
Have you considered adding a hammock? Clifford loves his, it's soft and filled with padding (a cut up t-shirt). He's a real cuddler, so if your baby is too he might just love it!
(I've found he also can't get into a "pooping position" on his hammock the way he could on some padding on the floor!)

SnowDog

Original Poster
Thank you :) I believe it's a she but wont know for sure for a bit. I figure it might be a bit big now but when it grows up I wont have to build another one. I want to get a hammock for it but the GF is not sold on it yet. I want to add a few more climbing surfaces and other decorations in the next week or two.

SnowDog

Original Poster
SoleSky":meluc90h said:
Where did you get that awesome log from?!!?!

My local pet store has a bin of different sizes. That one just clears the track for the glass but it wasn't cheap at about 32 bucks.

SnowDog

Original Poster
Added a few more things from the reptile show this weekend and got the knobs installed into the doors.

She seems to like the new additions :D Shes such a ham for the camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom