Entering Sub-Adulthood...Metabolism change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Po is about 6-7 months old, and has grown EXPONENTIALLY! She is 18" long, and filling in very nicely (I don't have a gram scale to weigh her). Last time we took her to the vet she got a clean bill of health. She previously had pinworms and slight MBD. Our vet de-wormed her and prescribed a weekly calcium/D3 supplement that we are very religious in administering.

5029253715_96b58064db_b.jpg

For the past few weeks we've noticed Po eating a little bit less then normal, but still filling in. As a hatchling she would eat 50-60 crickets, AND mealworms, AND a full bowl of veggies, pooping once regularly every day. Phew! She eats about 20-30 now, plus all her veggies. She has poops about once every 2 days.

5029869482_b7ababaf76_b.jpg

She isn't loosing weight, but is filling in bit by bit. She's still active, curious, and eating my vegetable garden as always. Could her decreased appetite and pooping schedule be the result of her moving into sub-adulthood and away from her ravenous hatchling stage?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom