End of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian37

Original Poster
Folks,

I'm very sad to have to follow up to this thread with the news that Draggi has died. It was inevitable, I suppose, but we still hoped. He would no longer accept crickets as of a few weeks ago. When he stopped accepting vegetables too, we knew it was the end. He just spat out food he'd previously loved, peppers and sweet-peas in particular. It seemed like he'd just decided it was his time.

On one last occasion, I whispered "goodbye" to him, and stroked his head. He pulsed his throat very slightly in response. I never saw him alive again. We got a chance to prepare, but it's still such a sad day for us. Hard to think about him with happy memories right now, but I'm sure they'll come in time.

It'll take a while before we come into the house and instinctively the first thing I'll want to do is see Draggi, or any number of routine things which involved him. RIP Draggi. Maybe I could put up a few pictures of him here on this site, so some small corner of the Internet can be a memorial to him.

Thank you to everyone for your kind responses.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I am so very sorry to hear that Draggi has passed on. I can tell through your words that he was a loving member of your family and I am sure you will miss him dearly. I Wish there something that could have been done to prolong his life, but I too think it was his time to say good-bye.
You are more than welcome to post pics on this thread if you would like. We also have a section on the boards "Beardie Memorials" that would also be a nice place for you to memorialize Draggi.
Again, I am sorry!
May your Draggi rest in peace.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so very sorry that Draggi passed. He had a great life, you and your wife should be very proud of all the love and care that you gave him, he loved you right back, can tell that he meant so much to both of you. I know how hard this is and it is going to take both of you a while to get over this. I still find myself looking and walking towards Sabrina's tank and it will be a month this Tuesday so it does take time. No matter how hard you prepare yourselves, it still is heartbreaking. They are just SO special.

We do have a Memorial forum and here's the link. viewforum.php?f=37 By all means, feel free to post some pictures and some tales about him when you are ready. Give yourselves some time to grieve. But, remember, he is now at Rainbow Bridge and is running around with all the other very special beardies, including my Sabrina and Widge, they are all perfect now, no problems at all.

If you feel like like talking, please let us know, we are here for you. Very sorry for your loss.

R.I.P. Draggi

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry about Draggi. I know how much you will miss him. It seems as if it's always to soon, not matter how old they are. I know how much it hurts. You will have fond memories of them sometime.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
So sorry to hear of your loss. It always makes me cry when I read of one's beloved pet passing. They do take such a special place in our hearts.

He definitely knew how much you loved him and finally felt safe and comfortable enough to let go. I believe that when a beardie passes on, he sends another to make his family happy again, if that is his family's wish.

RIP Draggi.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
im so sorry i recently lost my rescue too so i know how bad it hurts. hang in there and know that he died happy and loved.

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
I am so sorry to hear that, it sounds like he was very loved. 10 years is a long great life for a beardie especially with loving parents. I got my beardie when he was either 10 or 11 (according to the owners) and I have had him 3 years and I am dreading this as well. Some days he is very active and eats veggies and some days he never gets off his hammock. Again sorry for your loss.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dragon. Even though you had time to prepare, it still doesn't make it any easier when they are gone. He was not alone & had you at the end, with him to help bring comfort.
Definitely feel free to post pictures of him on your thread here. We do have a Memorial section that you can post a nice memorium to him along with a story, pictures, or whatever type of dedication to him.

Tracie

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I am so sorry to hear this, I know how you feel, but time will slowly ease the pain that you feel. Your beloved Draggi is now over the rainbow bridge, running around and chasing crickets and doing everything that he couldn't do along with Digger and all the other beloved beadies that have passed on.

Keeping you in my thoughts,
Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom