Enclosure feedback

rango101

Hello,
I have a 1.5 year old male beardie and he's always been a lazy boy who refuses to eat much salad so I wanted to get some feedback on my viv to see if anyone had any suggestions to see if there may be something bothering him or to make him more active. It's a 4x2x2 zen with an Arcadia desert 12% D3 UVB tube in a reflector 14 inches from his basking platform. He has a halogen 60w flood light for basking kept around 100F, and a DHP keeping the cool side at 84F. I also have a arcadia jungle dawn on top since I thought I'd try that to see if helped with activity at all but it hasn't really. I'm thinking maybe I should change out the basking platform for something else since maybe the UVB is too much?? Or would increasing the basking temps help? Any suggestions appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 3.54.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 3.54.05 PM.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 116

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,
I have a 1.5 year old male beardie and he's always been a lazy boy who refuses to eat much salad so I wanted to get some feedback on my viv to see if anyone had any suggestions to see if there may be something bothering him or to make him more active. It's a 4x2x2 zen with an Arcadia desert 12% D3 UVB tube in a reflector 14 inches from his basking platform. He has a halogen 60w flood light for basking kept around 100F, and a DHP keeping the cool side at 84F. I also have a arcadia jungle dawn on top since I thought I'd try that to see if helped with activity at all but it hasn't really. I'm thinking maybe I should change out the basking platform for something else since maybe the UVB is too much?? Or would increasing the basking temps help? Any suggestions appreciated!
Your set up is good --- I think its just the dragon and his stubbornness not to eat his greens- have you tried BSFL to lure him to the salad bowl ? the dish your using wont keep the larvae in the dish you would need to get something like this https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d to keep them in if you want to try those -- its up to you it has taken me almost 4 years of everyday feeding salads to mine and he is finally eating them not every day but more than he ever has ---- I find they must be fed salads every day as a baby so they grow up eating them - my first I did not but my second I did and he eats his salads most of the time --- it just depends on the dragon and coaking them to the bowl - you can also use super worms as salads toppers as well but only a few add them and the BSFL to the salad first thing in the morning before insects --- some say hold of of all worms and insects and when they get hungry enough they will eat them -- I never did that but just constantly every day fed them - you can also put horn worms on top as well to get him to the bowl

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Good luck, mine always just pluck out the bugs and run from the salad likes its a scary monster. But if your sneaky and watch from afar you might catch them nibbling the salad. Im convinced they are self conscious about being seen eating salad lol

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom