EMERGENCY

Munchykin

Hello everyone. To cut to the chase my mom sent me this photo of her beardie and is horribly worried something is wrong. To me it looks like intestine but hopefully not. Photo is a little hard to look at but please give feedback she can try to find a vet immediately if needed!

Attachments

• FB6109D5-C005-4E95-A7D2-B80C685FF1BD.jpeg
    FB6109D5-C005-4E95-A7D2-B80C685FF1BD.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 86

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone. To cut to the chase my mom sent me this photo of her beardie and is horribly worried something is wrong. To me it looks like intestine but hopefully not. Photo is a little hard to look at but please give feedback she can try to find a vet immediately if needed!
It looks like a sperm plug --- I will have AHBD take a look and she can advise --
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah that's a sperm plug, pretty common in males and no problem sat all. It will probably fall out on it's own or after a few days you can give a warm bath and pull it out gently + slowly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you pull it out be exceedingly careful, he can be injured it it's pulled hard or roughly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, a sperm plug & it is very common for this to happen. As AHBD suggested, soaking him in a nice warm bath & it will most likely work itself out eventually.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom