EMERGENCY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyMarie

Original Poster
AHBD":2jdasvjx said:
Oh wow, I'm so so sorry. :cry: This is truly devastating for you and my heart breaks for you. I had a suspicion that's what it was because that intense black tail + beard in her situation is often the sign. All I can do is offer my deepest sympathy, you were a great owner to her and this happens quickly with reptiles, nothing you did wrong at all.

That means a lot, thank you so much! Thank you also for being so helpful through the process.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did they say she had tail rot? The question regarding how fast I am not sure-- I do know infection will start and creep up the tail and into the organs but I don't know how quickly it would do damage that fast- Tracie our vet tech mod could answer that question better than I

HollyMarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":36hiq1s5 said:
Did they say she had tail rot? The question regarding how fast I am not sure-- I do know infection will start and creep up the tail and into the organs but I don't know how quickly it would do damage that fast- Tracie our vet tech mod could answer that question better than I

The vet said that she wasn’t sure exactly what happened, just said that her body is shutting down. Maybe I could do a follow up call. I don’t know how fast tail rot travels but it was two weeks. I’m heartbroken and feel terribly guilty if there was anything I could’ve done. I tried to get her into a vet when I spotted the tail somewhat bent but my mom didn’t follow through with it. I can’t believe that my 6 year old girl could’ve become dealt by sick over night and have to be out to rest so quickly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did they do the blood work to test the organs and if so infection should of been checked - that would of been her WBC and RBC count -- you can send Tracie a PM look for Drache613 click on her name and look on the left for PM -- ask her question that you have -- I would get a copy of that blood work and post it to Tracie she can go over it w/ you and explain to you what is going / or was going on --

HollyMarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1or3cxf8 said:
Did they do the blood work to test the organs and if so infection should of been checked - that would of been her WBC and RBC count -- you can send Tracie a PM look for Drache613 click on her name and look on the left for PM -- ask her question that you have -- I would get a copy of that blood work and post it to Tracie she can go over it w/ you and explain to you what is going / or was going on --

They didn’t get a blood test sadly. I insisted that they did but they said that it would take a week for it to be back and she would be suffering.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so I am confused -- how did they determine that her organs were failing? Was this vet you went to a reptile vet?

HollyMarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1npbfzz9 said:
ok so I am confused -- how did they determine that her organs were failing? Was this vet you went to a reptile vet?

I’m not exactly sure, I’m planning on calling later once I’m a little more calm. From what I could see her body was releasing (with no pushing) waste. She was so weak and pale and her eyes had no color.

She was a professional exotic vet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well I am so sorry for your dragon- it is so hard on us all when we get attached and its hard not to - hopefully Tracie can help you get some answers -- I cant believe they did no blood work--- and you insisted on it too -- something was obviously was going on w/ the pale and no color in the eyes -- like we always tell everybody and the vet was correct as well dragons will hide the illness till they no longer can its a instinct thing --- out of curiosity what were you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb please

HollyMarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":j2dmpc3o said:
Ok well I am so sorry for your dragon- it is so hard on us all when we get attached and its hard not to - hopefully Tracie can help you get some answers -- I cant believe they did no blood work--- and you insisted on it too -- something was obviously was going on w/ the pale and no color in the eyes -- like we always tell everybody and the vet was correct as well dragons will hide the illness till they no longer can its a instinct thing --- out of curiosity what were you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb please

Thank you so much. I’m quite frustrated that they haven’t, even after her passing I’d like to know the exact reason. But it’s over now, and you guys are here to help me out.

Reptisun- Zoo Med - 150 WATT and 50 WATT

HollyMarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3cgg8z5a said:
I am so sorry --- tail rot would of been easier to fix but the body shutting down is not good - why is her body shutting down? What is going on w/ her? What have they advised?

Now that I’m a bit more settled I remembered that she’s laid about 12 eggs last week. She often lays eggs and can sometimes become impacted. Could she have had one stuck and infect her belly?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not a expert on egg laying -- you need to talk to Tracie or AHBD --- if your UVB was a coil in a reflective dome like the basking bulb that was a problem--- those UVB's are bad for the health and just everything about the dragon --- I am so sorry about her ----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom