Elvis keeps his right eye closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
So Elvis has been keeping his right eye closed for a majority of the time. It started about two weeks ago and I noticed that he was keeping it closed around 90% of the time, and when he did open it he closed it and winced like it hurt him. So I took him to the vet and they tried to rinse the eye out but nothing came out and then he gave me some AA ointment to put in two times a day and said if it's not better in 5-7 days to bring him back. So It's been a week and now he's keeping it open about 50% of the time but he's still keeping it closed a lot and only opening it when he wants to. Has anyone else had this happen to their beardie?????? If so what was wrong and how did you make it better? I am taking him back to the vet on Friday, but if there is something I can do then I'd rather do that then waste money going to this vet that I'm not completely trustworthy that he knows what he is doing. :cry:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
What type of uv bulb do you have? There have been some that are causing eye trouble. That could be your problem.

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's all the way on one side of the tank and the closest he can get to it is on his grapevine at about 7-8 inches away

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Is there something that coudl have gotten in his eye? Judah did this yesterday morning and it was watering abit hed try and open it but you could tell that sumpin was in there. He coudl have gotten a little piece of bark or sumothing from his drift wood, or calcium or sumpin. Fortunately my Roomy use to be a vet and has had several lizzards. He had some Antibiotic eye drops that also have numbing stuff in it. After we put a drop into his eye (which was not easy) and he got over the intial "burn like all the fires of Hell", he was able to open his eye. He started doing it again later sorta wanting to keep that eye closed, so we did it again. This moring it looked pretty good he was sorta twitching it but he was mostley keeping it open. So once more today we did a drop, it was much easier because he had his eye open this time though. and the rest of the day it was all good. So it is possable that he got something in there try soem artifical tears onces that dont have any allergin reducers etc. try flushing it out for a few days and see if that helps.

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only have contact solution so that probably wouldn't be good for his eyes. I will see if the vet has something that I can rinse Elvis' eye with . Thanks :)

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's not a bad idea at all, I don't have any but I can run to the store tomorrow and get some. Thanks again!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
According to Tracie (drache613) the contact solution would work, as long as it's sterile. I wear contacts, also. I don't have soft contacts but she told me last year that the solution I use would work as long as it's sterile.

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
My female beardie started doing this when she woke up this morning. Hope nothing is wrong. Seems like this one eye closed thing happens pretty frequently? I am new to keeping dragons and I have only had her about a week. How is yours doing now?

Thanks!

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
koiboydavid":a0afd said:
My female beardie started doing this when she woke up this morning. Hope nothing is wrong. Seems like this one eye closed thing happens pretty frequently? I am new to keeping dragons and I have only had her about a week. How is yours doing now?

Thanks!

Elvis is doing fine now, about two-three weeks after it started, he slowing started keeping it open more. Every now and then he closes it but not for very long. I was told that it could be if they are getting ready to shed that eye lid they tend to keep it closed, but I dunno. Hope that helps...

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
koiboydavid said:
My female beardie started doing this when she woke up this morning. Hope nothing is wrong. Seems like this one eye closed thing happens pretty frequently? I am new to keeping dragons and I have only had her about a week.

Do you have coil lighting Kioboydavid? If so this could be the eye problem. I am sure your read that in the above mentions, but just checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom