egyptian uro

Status
Not open for further replies.
while at a pet store the other week, i was looking at various lizards. the ones that caught my eye were the uros. they were the mali-uros, i really liked them and was considering adding to my family. it turned out that in the back room, they had one that had been returned to them, but it was never one they origianally sold or ever had in stock, a clerk to it back not knowing and thought it was a regular mali.
the little guy has an eye infection they have been treating and it also turned out that its an egyptian uro, not a mali at all.
i was able to persuade the store owner to give him to me as he was unsellable anyway.
so now i have this sweet little guy/gal (not sure yet) and i don't think he/she is as bad off as the store owner thought. i went to the vet and have some special ointment for the eyes, according to the vet there is nothing else wrong with it. the stool sample was fine, as was the breathing, no infections at all.
he\she is very active, very hungry, very sweet and very easy to handle.

now that i have finished researching everything i can, turns out i am going to have a rather large lizard on my hands, i don't mind at all, i was just suprised that these ones could grow so large.
i have a large enough habitat now for her and as she/he heals and gets larger, i will transfer her/him to a much larger one. she has a great basking area, very hot compared to my beardies and a couple of "burrows" to hide out in. i feel i really lucked out and any advice would be appreciated.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I would love to see some pics of your Uro

I have a Yellow Saharan, he is pretty small I would say about 9-10 inches. Egyptians are pretty cool :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow that is great that the ointment should clear it up soon!!
And its great that that was the only health problem.

I too would love to see pictures.

Man, I always have wanted an egyptian uro, I have a Saharan too, like Michael, named Calcifer. She has her own thread in this section but im sure you've seen it :mrgreen:

How big is the egyptian atm?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom