Eggs keep dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems with my eggs, I am losing a lot of eggs, about 70%. Some of this I think is because I was on vacation and some of the eggs might have gotten in the sun inside the incubator. But I am also having problems with mold. I am using Perlite to have the eggs in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I've heard of people having success using vermiculite, other than that I'm not really sure what to suggest.

janusrenalds

Original Poster
I can't use vermiculite because there was a state wide recall due to asbestos. The temp stays at about 84 degrees. I am not sure about humidity because I don't have a gauge to measure that yet. I am using a hooverbator and the eggs are inside tupperwares with pearlite.

Brittany94547

Make sure the female eates enough calcium because what ever the mom eates goes to the babies and calcium will help the eggs alot

Perilite will work, personally I won’t use it. Unless you are having extremely dramatic temperature drops/spikes and they have at least a semi moist environment and putting aside genetic/illness issues with the breeders, they may just simply be infertile. If they mold they are dead. How did your eggs get in the sun in the incubator?

janusrenalds

Original Poster
I was on vacation for a month and my dad was watching the lizards and incubator. The incubator get moved slightly and ended up in the sun for about two hours a day while I was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom