egg yolk peritonitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

readalot

Original Poster
Drache613":2127cswo said:
Hello,

I would agree, Echo appears to be a male. Unless they can see ovaries or fallopion tubes with an ultrasound or something!
So egg yolk issues would not be applicable here.
Do you happen to have a copy of the blood tests I could see? Let me know & I will send my email to you. I would like to take a look.
How close do you have the Powersun to him?
It depends on how close it is as to whether or not you can use the Reptisun. Honestly, the Powersun is not all that strong & if they are placed strategically, it would be fine to use both for good UVB exposure. Or as suggested, you can switch it out for a bright white halogen or clear house hold bulb & use a dual light fixture & use 2 Reptisun 10 tube bulbs for good exposure, also.

Did he like his critical care? Let us know how he is doing.
How are the temperatures doing?

Tracie
I don't have a copy but i will ask for one when we take him back sunday. The cage is from cagesbydesign and the powersun is abut 5 maybe 7 inches when his basking perch is in there (its about a inch above the top of the terrarium and the terrarium is 24" high. and the fluorescent has a cover over it.
lol he has gotten alot better in the past few days, he still has times where he gets really tired. But now he has the energy to fight the syring feeding. (still no interest in superworms)
He has been holding his heat alot better so ive been able to turn the temp down. Its still warmer than it would be for winter. Also starting yesterday he only gets antibiotics every other day for 2 days then once every 2 days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, thanks. How is he doing today?
Do you mean you have a cover over your tube bulb? I woul move the Powersun further to around a 10 inch distance since it is a MVB & just to be safe. They have had some issues in the past, but it should be a good basking light.
Do you have pictures of your tank setup also I could see?

Did he eat today? At least he is fighting you on the feeding now it sounds like he may be feeling better.

Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
Drache613":1cfmu7xl said:
Hello,

Great, thanks. How is he doing today?
Do you mean you have a cover over your tube bulb? I woul move the Powersun further to around a 10 inch distance since it is a MVB & just to be safe. They have had some issues in the past, but it should be a good basking light.
Do you have pictures of your tank setup also I could see?

Did he eat today? At least he is fighting you on the feeding now it sounds like he may be feeling better.

Tracie
He is doing really good, fighting me more and more about feeding. but he still has no intrest in superworms.
yes i have a cover over the fluorescent. ok ill do that.
lol he ate and almost took the tip of my finger off lol :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is great he is doing well.
I hope you have all of your fingers! LOL
I forgot to say to take the cover off of the Reptisun 10 so he gets better UVB from the bulb. It should not be any closer than 6-8 inches or so, mounted right beside the basking light.
Hopefully he will become more interested in his live food!

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
Echo is doing a lot better, he is pretty active. Although he is still refusing to eat anything, and he seems to be black-beard all the time. The vet told me to stop feeding him the carnivore care, but i should still give him water a lot. I don't know why but he seems really pissed off and keeps trying to bite me. He has never had this sort of behavior before. He is still getting antibiotic every 72 hours.
I don't know what I'm going to do he won't eat and i'm not going to be home for awhile as my brother has surgery Tuesday. :banghead:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is trying to bite you?
How are the temperatures in the tank right now?
Can he see his reflection possibly & it is making him aggressive?
Normally they don't usually try to bite like that unless they are not feeling very well. Is he pretty well hydrated right now since he has been on medication?
I hope he is feeling better soon. Is anyone going to be able to watch him while you are gone to check on him?

Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
Drache613":di0d5e7v said:
Hello,

He is trying to bite you?
How are the temperatures in the tank right now?
Can he see his reflection possibly & it is making him aggressive?
Normally they don't usually try to bite like that unless they are not feeling very well. Is he pretty well hydrated right now since he has been on medication?
I hope he is feeling better soon. Is anyone going to be able to watch him while you are gone to check on him?

Tracie
yes, i'm the only one he is being aggressive towards.
they are good ive checked and rechecked them.
i am using a syringe and giving him water multiple times a day 3-4
my other brother will be home as will my dad. but they are not very good pet people, and i cannot be sure how often they will check on him.
he is showing no intrest in food he just closes his eye and twitches his head like he's trying to get a bug off of it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sometimes it can take a little bit for them to get their appetite back when they have been on medications. Are you still giving probiotics too? Is his beard constantly black or just sometimes?
I hope he is feeling better. At least your dad & brother will be there to look after him while you are gone.
Great, it sounds like you are getting water into him now to help keep him hydrated. Please keep us posted on him!

Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
Drache613":lk1d0b5c said:
Hello,

Sometimes it can take a little bit for them to get their appetite back when they have been on medications. Are you still giving probiotics too? Is his beard constantly black or just sometimes?
I hope he is feeling better. At least your dad & brother will be there to look after him while you are gone.
Great, it sounds like you are getting water into him now to help keep him hydrated. Please keep us posted on him!

Tracie
ok thanks i was really worried about that.
probiotics? (im not)
his beard isn't constantly black but its not white either

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would recommend giving some probiotics since he has been on meds. They can really upset his tummy.
How is he doing this evening?
Try to keep him as hydrated as possible & if he doesn't mind baths, you can bathe him frequently, too.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
Drache613":2tklsss1 said:
Hello,

I would recommend giving some probiotics since he has been on meds. They can really upset his tummy.
How is he doing this evening?
Try to keep him as hydrated as possible & if he doesn't mind baths, you can bathe him frequently, too.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
ok where do i get probiotics? is their a specific brand? he's doing good A LOT of energy! but he still doesnt want to be handled by me. ( gave him a shot) so ill try a bath tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You should be able to find some non dairy soy yogurt at the grocery store, or non dairy acidophiliz at the grocery store. Or you can try looking at the health food store also, for the acidophiliz.
The pet stores may carry the Benebac gel in the cat & or bird section too.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
i have wonderful news! echo actually ate some vegetables! i put them in there not really expecting him to eat them but he did, he's still grey-beard but he has alot more energy.
yesterday i had to take his heating rock away because he tried to eat the cord (he's never done that b4) :]

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news Echo ate some greens & veggies!
I am glad he didn't eat the cord though. You don't have the heat rock on do you?
I hope he is feeling better now!

Tracie

readalot

Original Poster
Drache613":2i7tbtg4 said:
Hello,

You should be able to find some non dairy soy yogurt at the grocery store, or non dairy acidophiliz at the grocery store. Or you can try looking at the health food store also, for the acidophiliz.
The pet stores may carry the Benebac gel in the cat & or bird section too.
How is he doing today?

Tracie
I found some non dairy soy yogurt, but i was wondering is there certain flavors i should/shouldn't feed him???
I was able to get strawberry, raspberry, and Peach
he is back to being kinda tired and twitchy, (away from my hand) but i read that wasn't that unkomen for them after they've been sick is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom