Egg Problem - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozmart

I have a egg left that i was waiting to hatch, it collapsed 2-3 days ago but nothing has changed, i can see the dragon in there, theres no movement what so ever, so im not sure if he has died. my question is what do i do. do i wait it out or am i able to split the egg myself. the last one hatched 3 days ago. parts of the egg have kind of gone see thru as well

thankyou

kwik8

Hatchling Member
tough to tell for sure without seeing it or being there but I can tell you this, I had eggs hatch out a full two weeks after they started piping and the last one was sixteen days after the first. I had one little one who I thought for sure would not make it but it popped out a full 4 1/2 days after it collapsed. Good luck.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I say wait it out!!! Because if you try to split it you may kill the baby!!! If hes gonna make it he will do it on his own!!

kwik8

Hatchling Member
Yup those have to be eggs, they would be at smallest, even if infertile and undersized, a bit bigger than a peanut m&m. But that would be what you have. I have pictures on my website in the gallery area. And also, a male in with a female will continuously breed her until it stresses her out to the point it will effect her health. When I breed one of my females to a male they are in only long enough to breed and then back out again. It is very hard on them to produce eggs so make sure you load her up with lots of healthy and nutritious feeders and vitamins. I give plenty of Phoenix and butterworms to girls during and after a pregnancy as well as daily baths. They consume lots of water while expecting and producing. Also when they breed they store sperm so you will most likely get more than one clutch of eggs. Females can also lay infertile eggs without a male though, so are you observing breeding behavior? I.E.= male=black bearding, foot stomping, fast head bobbing, circling her and biting her neck to hold her for breeding female=waving, slow head bobbing, submissive behavior. It is of course just my opinion but seperating them would be a very good idea.

kwik8

Hatchling Member
The best thing to do would be to take them out of the enclosure she layed them in and put them in a bag and put them in the freezer. They, from your description, are most likely infertile anyhow but this way you make sure. Even if they were not it is a huge undertaking to care for them as they need an incubator and when they hatch it takes tons of feeders and time to care for them. But as a short answer yes they should be removed from the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom