Egg Laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SobeMC

Sooo my 3 year old female beardie stopped pooping awhile back. I took her to the vet to get an enema and while there the veternarian said she might be full eggs (she wanted to keep her overnight, xray her, and then do whatever SHE felt necessary. And she was a complete B word. uggghhhhggghh she
d probably do every most expensive procedure just to piss me off). ANYWAYS, just in case she was full of eggs I bought some sterilized dirt and a tub and put it in her cage. Well a few days passed and she had no interest in it whatsoever.
Then this morning I gave her some mealworms and shoved some collard greens down her throat (she will not willingly eat ANY fruits or veggies) and put her back in her cage on top of the dirt. Well now shes digging, quite a bit. I think shes almost hit the bottom of the tub.

So is it possible she really is going to lay eggs or is there a chance shes just digging to make a mess for me?

SobeMC

Original Poster
Now she has stopped and climbed on top of her basking rock right next to the dirt.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post a picture of her for us? Yes, it is possible that she has infertile eggs & that she is trying to lay them especially if she is diggging furiously as she is.
Keep her laybox convenient for her to be able to lay as easily as possible.
So did the x-rays not reveal any eggs? The vet said she "might" be full of eggs, but she could not determine that after holding her there overnight, that doesn't sound too good to me.
Make sure you are giving some extra oral fluids & calcium just in case.

Tracie

SobeMC

Original Poster
no, the vet didnt do that, I couldn't afford the overnight stay, xray, and anything else that would go along with it. I'll go take a picture and post it now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, ok! Sorry, I thought that she did an x-ray. Well, sometimes it is hard to tell whether or not they are carrying eggs until very late stage terms.
Great, I will be waiting for the pictures of her. :D

Tracie

SobeMC

Original Poster
dsc0003cs2.jpg

dsc0004mt8.jpg

She still has an appetite and shes still active. Her behavior hasn't changed at all.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
was she mated?
Malibu laid 4 clutches unfertile this year..she was crazy trying to get out...she wouldn't lay till she was good & ready then she would only lay at the playground.23 eggs 4x.
if she doesn't lay soon though you might want to start saving for that x-ray.Not to scare you but they can get gravid & stay inside & that is NOT GOOD
They should not have to keep her overnight to do x-ray.

SobeMC

Original Poster
I live in Seattle Washington, the past week its been sunny, cold and crisp. But the past couple of days it changed to rainy, stormy, muggy, and luke warm.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
have you had her for all her adult life/do you know if shes laid before?
The other thing could be she wants to hunkerdown for the winter.Does she have a hide in her viv?
Malibu stopped eating completely 3 or 4 days before laying but she always pooped.Thats what would concern me.
can you gently feel her belly...I never even knew malibu had eggs till she started going crazy then laid some.

SobeMC

Original Poster
I got her when she was 2 and to the best of my knowledge shes never laid eggs before. The Vet said she felt multipal lumps in her belly (thats why she said she could have eggs) and she also said sometimes they wont poo if they have eggs :/

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
if she doesn't lay soon i would definatly bring her back to the vet...if they felt lumps there something going on....also try bathing her a couple times a day in warm water,enough to cover her body but not head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom