Eating, pooping, and alert but not basking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have had Hamoudi for about 2.5 weeks now. He has a healthy appetite and goes to the bathroom regularly. Unfortunately I was given a compact uv bulb with his setup and did not know of the dangers Until I did Some research on my own. I ordered a mercury vapor bulb right away that still has not come so I just rush ordered a second one. Most forums have said that Ham would be better off wit no uv for a few weeks than to be exposed to the dangerous compact fluorescents. Yesterday he began hiding under his rock during the day and not basking long enough after eating. I am deeply concerned. I've spent all day monitoring his temps and they seem okay, his basking area is 100-105 which is on the cool side for a baby but when I had it at 111 yesterday this is when his behavior changed. I also recently switched from a blue daytime bulb to a white heat lamp. Could this have triggered his behavioral change? I switched because I reads the blue bulbs were bad for his eyes. Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Has his time without uv hurt him badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom