eating percents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that when a beardie is young they need 75% live food and when they are adults they eat about 75% greens. My dragon is starting to move towards greens and he is only 6 months old (17in long).Is this normal or is he just growing up. also, when do they normally move towards greens instead of their live food?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SpikeTheLizard":rhjmtncc said:
I know that when a beardie is young they need 75% live food and when they are adults they eat about 75% greens. My dragon is starting to move towards greens and he is only 6 months old (17in long).Is this normal or is he just growing up. also, when do they normally move towards greens instead of their live food?

Those are just broad guidelines .

At 6 months old he should be getting two live insect meals per day (as many bugs as he wants each sitting) and if you offer fresh greens and finely chopped or grated vegs daily (I suggest after his final bug meal) and he eats some it's a bonus.
At his age he is still growing fast and developing and needs his insect proteins and dietary calcium MUCH MORE THAN this greens and veg in order to grow and develop properly.

Bugs I'd include are :
medium and large silkworms
2/3 sized crickets
similar sized roaches.

NO mealworms , no superworms or other worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom