Eating only certain things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have this pelet food that is for bearded dragons which she get in her food dish on top of the fruits veggies and crickets and worms, but the question i have is that trinity only eats one flavor wich im guessing is the fruit side thinking strawberries, and leaves the rest, to be thrown away lol i dont mind cause its just interesting to see her going for things that are sweet and not always the healthiest, but secondly and thoughts on hand feeding and any hints cause she is so not about that with me just of yet.

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
I heard about one dragon that would pick through a salad to get the phoenix worms that were mixed in. They are picky eaters, and if they can get what they wan they will ignore everything else.
The pellets may have different tastes, but they're all the same nutritionally. If she's eating strawberries that were cut up for her... those are better as treats once and a while.

MeatHead

Hatchling Member
Both ours do that also with their veggies. They will pick out the turnip greens and eat them first and go back for the squash later. lol

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
While we're on this note... I got my Beardie from Petsmart (I noticed they had only pellets and lettuce in the tank when I picked him up about a week ago). They said they give him crickets as well... I already know that lettuce has NO nutritional value so I've been making salads w/ collard greens, squash, a small shred or two of carrot and a few blueberries... He hasn't seemed interested. I'm not sure if this is because he's never been exposed to anything veggie wise besides plain lettuce- Should I be worried? He has been eating the small crickets and pellets dusted w/ vitamins and calcium and goes to the bathroom once-twice a day...
Thanks ;)

Willyp

I would not be worried. When we first got ours, he never ate the collard greens unless we hand fed him. Now that he is older, he eats salad every day. You should keep offering it to him and eventually he will probably eat some.

Willyp

I would just grab a bunch of collard greens or squash and hold it up to his mouth. Sometimes he would eat it and other times he would just turn away. But now that he is older, we never have to do that.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I never reccomend hand feeding. It tends to make poopers lazy and refuse to eat any other way. Alot of dragons bought at petstores have been bought from large operations who tend to turn out dragons in VOLUME. These dragons are almost never exposed to greens. Keep offering just collard, turnip, or mustard greens at 1st until they start eating them. THEN once they start eating the right veggies, add something else to the mix. One more note, poopers have INDIVIDUAL tastes. What one dragon eats another may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom