eating habits....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggysMom

My cousin only fed the bearded dragon crickets prior to my taking over. She is about 3 yrs old, I got her to eat meal worms... but still not having any luck with salad. I have tried chopped fresh spiich leaves and chopped carrots, she has no interest at all. I have been trying for over a month, everyday, I even tried spoon feeding her and she will not take that anymore either. Any suggestions?

Also, how long does it take for them to shed? She is taking over a week now. And still her back and tail are barely starting. I do give her bath time and spray her....

Thanks for your time everyone!!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Maybe you could try some different veggies. The spinach and carrots are foods you only want to feed your beardie on occassion. Here is a list of good foods to feed(mustard and collard greens are really good staole veggies) http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
Alot of beardies love squash also...my girl loves butternut squash shredded raw on her greens(of course peel off the rind/skin of the squash first)

As far as shedding goes...don't worry...it could take a while(especially in the older bd's). Have you tried giving her bathes? It will help ease the shed, keep her hydrated and relieve discomfort.

Hope this helps

Dawn :D

EDIT: *hits forehead with palm of hand*....sorry, just noticed you give baths.

IggysMom

Original Poster
Thank you so much, I tried some Kale and she is eating it and seems to love it. I am going to try to add a few things this wk when I go to the store.

Shedding... yeah I have tried baths and everything, she now has a small spot on her back that has shed but nothing else. That is the problem, I really and truely dont know how old she actually is...

Thank you so much for your advise, I love this site!!!

Thank you

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Great news! I reccommend butternut squash, too. It can make their poo a bit runny for a while, but they get used to it.

As for the shed, don't worry about it. It may take a while for her to get it all off. Do not pull or tear at it; that can seriously hurt her. If you are worried, you can get a baby toothbrush, or an old, worn toothbrush with softened bristles (disinfected) and gently scrub her while she is in the bath. Stay away from her face.

IggysMom

Original Poster
You have all helped me sooo much, thank you from Iggy and I both!! She is eating more veggies and almost completely shed :) Thank you a million...
Iggy's Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom