eating habits change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Bilbobaggins is acting different. He doesn't go after crickets like he used to. He will let them crawl all over him. I have to take everything out of his tank to catch them, at that time he may eat one or two but will just let them walk right in front of him. This is different for him.
He is a juvinile that has shedded last month. He lives in a twenty gallon tank with heat light and a light for vit D. I had to move his enclosure last month because he was invaded by ants. He also has been aggressive towards his reflection after we moved him. This only happens once in a while. He always has fresh veggies in his dish. (romaine lettuce, carrots, celery leaves, peppers. etc... ) I did offer him some wax worms last week when I ran out of crickets and the pet store didn't have any. Just for one day though. He also has a log and a climbing rock in his enclosure. Yesterday I cleaned off his green substrate pad for his floor and put black sand in for a few days in order to clean the green one. Could this be upsetting him? It will be changed tomorrow. I have not put him in water lately either because he doesn't have a problem going to the bath room.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could have been what was upseting him.

A big substrate change like that can trigger relocation stress.

-Brandon

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
Don't beardies have a tendency to get addicted to wax worms and be really stubborn until they get more? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

bilbobaggins

Original Poster
Wow. I didn't know that beardies become addicted. That was only the second time he had them. Looks like it will be the last.
Thank both of you for your input. It has really helped.
B

keen77

Hatchling Member
they go through stage for sure. a varied diet is the way to go. I'll give mine wax worms every once in a while. Mine mainly eat Super Worms but mix It up with Crickets and Dubia too. My buddies dragon only likes wax worms but he was given like 20 one day then that was all he wanted :silent:

keen77":1mtwatpj said:
they go through stage for sure. a varied diet is the way to go. I'll give mine wax worms every once in a while. Mine mainly eat Super Worms but mix It up with Crickets and Dubia too. My buddies dragon only likes wax worms but he was given like 20 one day then that was all he wanted :silent:

i heard wax worms were bad to feed beardies, apparently they are hard to digest and are very fatty, i read it somewhere.

James

keen77

Hatchling Member
spikedabeardie":1xgvkd7o said:
keen77":1xgvkd7o said:

i heard wax worms were bad to feed beardies, apparently they are hard to digest and are very fatty, i read it somewhere.

James

James they are great for a treat. i'll buy em every once in a while and give em maybe 2 wax worms every other day along with the supers and veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom