eating fake plant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

babytrees

I just noticed that my beardie has been eating one of his fake plants. There are quite a few chunks gone. I honestly have no idea when he started doing it or if he did it all at once. Just happened to look at the plant today for a cleaning. (haven't cleaned them in awhile) It's the "aloe" plant, I assume it's fairly common.

What should I do?! I definitely cannot afford a vet since I just paid my tuition for this semester. There aren't any that accept payment plans either. :| should I try a little harder to make him poop? It's been about two weeks but I've been giving him baths every day and oil about every two or three days. I wish I had been paying more attention to him, but I've been so busy with physics and chem homework. :(

He is almost 2 years old, 21" long, finished brumation about a month ago and temps are regular but he hasn't been basking much in the past week. And he is just getting ready to shed. so any info would be great. and his viv is carpet lined, switched/cleaned weekly and all that fun stuff. I've been following guidelines from you guys since I discovered this site.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Bath him every day
Try Apple sauce and rub his tummy..
If he doesn't poop soon, you will need to get him to the vets
And take the plants out

babytrees

Original Poster
I'll pick up some applesauce today after school. How much should I give him? I was reading somewhere else (don't remember what site) that said on occasions like this it's okay to give iceberg lettuce because it gives watery stools?! I figured I'd ask you guys first. I would feel weird giving that to him..

And would it be okay if I bathed him maybe twice a day? He's been getting them daily, and nothing has changed, but he hasn't been eating as much either =\

babytrees

Original Poster
I just want to update here. He has had two really bad b.m's and each one had little green pieces in it, but I assume there is still quite a bit in there. But he seems fine now, not acting differently at all. but I'm still bathing him daily and giving him a mL or oil everyday.

izz

Juvie Member
I only just noticed mine chewing his plants as there are teeth marks in them.Poor beardie hope it passes through im alright. :D

babytrees

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this is related, but the past two days he has been twitching oddly. Mainly his right hind leg and left front leg (arm?) It's like he goes to wave, then kind of changes his mind like a little hip hop dancer, but more twitchy and without music lol.

He also hasn't had a b.m in a few days either, not since Tuesday (?) I can't remember now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom