Eating after brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Spike woke up from brumation 2 days ago and has not eaten one single thing. Is this normal? Should I wait a bit longer then take him to the vet or make an appointment now? He looks fine and is active just zero appetite. I have only tried tempting him with his greens and some blueberries and apple so far as I read somewhere they shouldn't go straight back to live food after brumation, whether that is true or not I dont know. I'm going to pick some calci worms up tomorrow for him. Any advice welcome.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've noticed that my guy will start to get really hyper for a while and ignore food (mostly) for a few weeks. Then eventually settles down a bit and will start eating again. If he is active then I'd give it some time.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
I asked my vet about this as my 10 month was rather active for 2 weeks but wouldn't eat. She told me this was part of brumation and not to worry.

I think they are just getting their systems going before trying to eat again.

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom