easy transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
I am looking for a smaller purse/ pet carrier that is somewhat discrete. I am planning on taking Dewey more places and I dont necessarily want to make a big scene with him. I would like to start taking him to a few of my classes at school and just a few other places. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what they used or if anyone made them. I know a few people make blankets and whatnot so I figured purses may not be too far off. Plus I would rather support someone on here then one of these huge chainstores ripping everyone off.
Any ides or pictures of what you use?

SunShine

Juvie Member

I use a purse, want to get a messenger bag though.
They are wide so they wont be cramped, have a top that can be completely open, and if a teacher is walking by you can through the cover over it and he will think its books or a comp lol.

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah I bought a hobo bag so its over the shoulder and open on the top but nice and big! I had some extra fabric left over from his blankie and use it to cover the bottom and keep him warm. He seems to love it! This is also nice cause I can take him out on campus while walking from building to building and he can warm up and get some sun at the same time! works perfect and it was only like 8$!

SunShine

Juvie Member

Ya I never got the pet store versions. It's like hey, want to take your pet with you? Here is a solid bottom thing with zippers and mesh. So he can see and you can see him, but, they can't go anywhere. Stay. Prison. lol.
Hoping to go on a car ride today and take Horus

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dewey loves car rides. But since I trimmed his nails, he slides everywhere, kinda entertaining. but he just gives me "that look" lol

tempusfugit

Hatchling Member
Why would you want to take him to school, where it seems like that is against the rules? Besides most classrooms being way too cold to have a beardie in for extended periods of time, what if someone drops their backpack on top of yours, thinking its just full of books? Or just kicks it not paying attention walking by??

Do you really think your dragon likes being stuffed in a purse? Or is this solely for your pleasure?

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well considering that the a/c isnt cut on at my school until a certain time its not cold. He's also wrapped in a blanket. When in class, he sits on top of my desk or in my lap so hes not going to get kicked. I have checked with my professors before taking him so he is allowed. Classes are really only 40 min or so and then he gets to come out and ride on my shoulder in the sun light for an hour so he is actually able to get real sun and heat. so he is out more than he is in the bag. not to mention his head sticks out of the bag in class so its really only a big blanket wrapping him up. if he were to blackbeard or turn dark like he was cold it would be a different story. but he loves the attention and really doesnt get any brighter than when he is being "awed" over. if i ever feel like he isnt liking it, i would stop, but as long as he seems like he likes it, he's going to go with me and get his natural sunlight

SunShine

Juvie Member

Lol, Horus will do that too, I usually just hold him so he can see everything go by. It's really cute cause he black bearded a dog before :laughhard: little guys are so funny. I take him to the pet store with me all the time, whenever he sees his harness he will glass dance lol.

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I normally put Dewey on my bed as I get his bag ready and as soon as i set the bag down he will go running towards like "ok mom, i'm ready to go!" its so cute

SunShine

Juvie Member
lizbeth5655":1l7nf07v said:
I normally put Dewey on my bed as I get his bag ready and as soon as i set the bag down he will go running towards like "ok mom, i'm ready to go!" its so cute

Squee. That is, I love how with beardies you really can tell if they like something or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom