East Coast: what are you doing to prepare for Sandy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
You could always get a battery powered electric kettle and a hot water bottle. It acts as a hand warmer but is bigger and you can set your own temperatures. I fill one as i would for a child - add cold water until its a comfortable enough temperature to hold against the skin. I affix them to the side of the glass enclosures, or wrap them up and put the reptile on top. They'll thermoregulate as normal :)
Just be careful to wrap it up well if your BD has good size claws!

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow,got some great responses here. Thank you! I've just bought hand warmers, the only ones I could find were the hot hands brand and I got 20 of them for 10 dollars at the dollar store. I know these get super hot so I will wrap them a lot. I just know that we lost power for two days for a simple thunderstorm and 9 days after Irene and 11 after Isabel. I wouldn't be comfortable with my babies going more than 24 hours especially cause they are young and growing. Will buy some baby food after school tomorrow. My university is one of the few that are still open tomorrow into area.

I think all the hurricanes are hyped up to make money. But I remember my area was like "oh Irene won't be hitting us no need to worry" and at the last moment it turned and hit us.

Even if Sandy decided to not make the turn for the Easr Coast, I feel better knowing I'm ready just in case.

Stay safe guys, especially if you are on the coast.

poofandmook

Hatchling Member
I'm going to be boiling his rock, wrapping it up in some towels, an putting that in his cage. I do have some worms but no crickets left, and we have plenty of butternut squash and even a mortar and pestle if I need to Smush it up.

Chompy

my plan was to heat up water bottles and have her sit on top of them. I was banking on the oven still working though. That was a bad idea. Had we lost power I'm not sure if the oven would have worked. Ultimately we did not lose power.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
i hope everyone is safe. i have been seeing some scary things on the news and there are still a lot of people without power. i am lucky i don't live near any large bodies of water, like that. where i live the main thing you gotta worry about is power going out from too much now or too much snow to get you car out the drive way. i still have a emergincy pack just in case. prays for everyone going threw the storm. hope everyone stays safe.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i just got power back on, been out since monday night.

we dropped our beardies off at a friend's house who still has power. they will be cared for until we can go pick them up. Mr Dargon already pulled and escape act. :roll:

the gas stations are a horror to get to. most don't have power, and any that does runs out of gas by noon. there are lines of people waiting to fill up.

we are staying indoors until everything is back up and running since our jobs are still closed down.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
bunnyrut - That's great that you finally got power back. Whereabouts are you in NJ?
I can't get through to my neighbor to find out if the power is back on in our area.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
bunnyrut, glad to hear that you finally got your power back on. Good to hear that you and your animals are safe. We saw on the news this am that some people wait in line for 3 hrs to get gas. Good luck to you, we will continue to think of you, hoping you can get your lives back together real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom