Early MBD?

melissamott124

Original Poster
Thanks again to everyone for the recommendations - the fruit juice is a great idea so I’ll try it. I also bought flavored calcium+vitamin D powder which he doesn’t seem to mind. I’m just not finding his symptoms to be improving this time around. If anything, I’m a little worried that they’re worsening. Unfortunately I just moved across the country and do not have an established vet for him, but I’m going to start looking. I’m just not really sure what I’m doing wrong at this point :/

melissamott124

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. The fruit juice with dissolved calcium+vitamin D worked, Lazlo really likes it, so that helps a lot. I found a vet and he has an appointment in two days. The weakness in his arms looks worse, and I’m just getting really nervous so hopefully having some labs and imaging to look at will help us get moving in the right direction.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks everyone. The fruit juice with dissolved calcium+vitamin D worked, Lazlo really likes it, so that helps a lot. I found a vet and he has an appointment in two days. The weakness in his arms looks worse, and I’m just getting really nervous so hopefully having some labs and imaging to look at will help us get moving in the right direction.
Please make sure your UVB is directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches for a T 5 and the bulb is not over 10-11 months old --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good luck at the vets, I hope that Lazlo starts to do better. As Karrie suggested, it is recommended
that the UVB lights are placed directly overhead so that the exposure & strength of the UVB is pointed
directly downwards onto him.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom