Ear infection or something else? WITH PICTURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my bearded dragon about a week ago from a guy that couldn’t care for him anymore. I noticed that one ear has this on it. I’m not sure if it’s stuck shed or an ear infection or something else? I’m new to bearded dragons so I haven’t seen this before. The other ear seems to be okay it’s just this one side. I’m worried about him if anyone could help me out!
112002-9347389815.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It definitely could be some retained shed, but not positive. The other ear membrane looks
normal though?
For now, I would not bother it since it doesn't seem to be hurting him. If it's stuck or retained
shed you don't want to tear it off prematurely since that membrane is thin & covers the ear.
I don't think it's an infection though, but just keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn't change in
appearance.

Tracie

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
Thank you! Yes the other ear is a lot more clear than this one. He also had some stuck shed on his head when I got him so I’m thinking it may also be some stuck shed... thanks for the reply!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome, I think that it will eventually shed off. The head areas are always seeming
to be a problem for them!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom