Dying Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinB

I've had Zeke since November and have never had this problem before. Am I doing something wrong?

I buy 40 large crickets from the petstore about once a week. I put them in my cricket keeper when i get home and give them cricket food to eat. (the orange cube stuff, it's supposed to be both food and water for them) Then usually every other day I give Zeke about 10 crickets to eat. This has worked out just fine. There are usually a few dead on the bottom, but no big deal. Lately, about two days after i get them, at least half (sometimes more) of the crickets are dead in the bottom of the cricket keeper. It's frustrating because i'm wasting money if all the crickets are dying, as well as time because I have to go back to the store more often. Is there anything I should do differently?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Well when that happens to me it's one of three things
1. Got too hot- lesson: don't store them in the garage when it's in the 80s+
2. Got too humid- lesson: keep more ventilation in keeper
3. Bad batch- lesson: not everythings in my control, I guess?
all kidding aside, I have a way of killing crickets apparently. My girl only got to eat about 300 or so out of the last batch of 1000 :banghead: . I put a ton of extra ventilation in so hopefully this batch will be better.
Sara

ErinB

Original Poster
Thanks. I also have to say I love the pictures you have of Lilly on your link at the bottom. She's cute!

Erin

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Thanks :D . I happen to feel the same way about her being adorable and she knows it and uses it to her advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom