DWA license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayneuki

In the US it's not handled by our federal government. It's state by state.
Here in TN it is completely illegal to own any venomous snakes unless you are a zoo (and have a commercial grade kind of licence).
I know that we also have trade/breeding restrictions on some animals too. Like in TN it is illegal to breed or trade turtles, but it's not in Mississippi.

Dunno, it's weird here lol.

Beauitful cat, but im also interested in how they use a rattle snake to train a dog? This is quite alien to us UK folk who use treat's and doggie bones as bribes :)

John

Rayneuki

gearbox1001":7b0a5 said:
Beauitful cat, but im also interested in how they use a rattle snake to train a dog? This is quite alien to us UK folk who use treat's and doggie bones as bribes :)

John

I think that poster was referring to how sometimes we train them to kill rattle snakes. Cali has a high rattle population if I remember correctly. I know we do it down here around the smoky mountains because of the danger.

If I remember correctly some dogs (big breeds, mostly hounds) are nearly immune to snake bites to the face, hence why they are used. Not sure though, that might just be an urban legend. lol

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
The U.S. Department of Agriculture requires licenses for exhibitors, dealers and researchers, but not private owners keeping a big cat as a pet.
Where I live in Las Vegas, we have many strip shows that use exotics as part of their act. We have to apply for what's called a wild animal permit, but it only costs 25 bucks. I have seen a cat like the one in your picture as well as water monitors, beaded lizards (poisonus) as well as rattle snakes for sale at the local pet stores here in town with no mention of needing a permit for any of them. So I guess they just figure you will be honest and get one.
A wild animal permit is required for the following animals:
* All monkeys and primates (excluding humans).
* All cats (except domestic house cats).
* All snakes over 8 feet long.
* Coyotes.
* Wolves and hybrid wolves.
* Ferrets.
* Lions.
* Foxes.
* Tigers.
* Skunks and Raccoons.
* All venomous reptiles.

CROCadoodledoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jennvee":b8701 said:
Yes she is definitely big, I would say she is easily 45-50 pounds and very long and tall! Here is an older pic of her, she is younger here:

4630_1122869836725_1376484898_30612.jpg

Beautiful animal, but I prefer to scare people with my lizards :)

Wow she's amazing, looks abit like a bengal cat :lol:

VEGASLIZARD":b8701 said:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture requires licenses for exhibitors, dealers and researchers, but not private owners keeping a big cat as a pet.
Where I live in Las Vegas, we have many strip shows that use exotics as part of their act. We have to apply for what's called a wild animal permit, but it only costs 25 bucks. I have seen a cat like the one in your picture as well as water monitors, beaded lizards (poisonus) as well as rattle snakes for sale at the local pet stores here in town with no mention of needing a permit for any of them. So I guess they just figure you will be honest and get one.
A wild animal permit is required for the following animals:
* All monkeys and primates (excluding humans).
* All cats (except domestic house cats).
* All snakes over 8 feet long.
* Coyotes.
* Wolves and hybrid wolves.
* Ferrets.
* Lions.
* Foxes.
* Tigers.
* Skunks and Raccoons.
* All venomous reptiles.

Ahh, I guess your wild animal permit is abit like our DWA license apart from being much cheaper lol. Do you know anyone with any animals like this?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I did when I was younger, before getting married. I was friends with someone who introduced me to one of the magicians in town. They had several tigers, a lion and some serval cats. They let me pet the lion's stomach, and walk the serval on a leash. Touching a lion was an unforgettable experience.

jennvee

Wow, they are definitely more strict here in Florida. My friend had to spend hundreds of dollars for her license plus take a 100-hour course on wild animal care, where she spent most of her time cleaning cages in the zoo! :puke:
That's so cool that you got so close to all those animals, Vegaslizard!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Well, as far as the cost, all I know is the application is 25 bucks. Surely the actual license is more but IDK how much because it doesn't state that. But it did say that someone would come out and inspect your digs and that there weren't any set standards, you just have to do whatever they tell you. So I imagine you would want to be very friendly or they could make you miserable making you do whatever they please...

CROCadoodledoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You have a course to do aswell? As far as I'm aware all they do here is give the enclosure and your equipment a good checking over and then you have to cough up anything from £20 - £2000!

The UK needs to be more strict on alot of things like in America and Australia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom