Dusting with multi-vitamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calistil

I know it is recommended to dust food with multi-vitamins 2-3 times a week but just how important is that for a beardie’s health? Is it on par with having the right light and enough calcium or is it just something that’s nice but not vital. I ask as my dragon not only refuses to eat any food that I dust but will then proceed to refuse all undusted food for the next day or so as if he doesn't trust it.

I feed my Phoenix Worms fruits and veggies before I give them to my dragon, could I put the multi-vitamin in with their food instead? I don't know how much they would actually eat but i thought it might be better than nothing.

TheGuvnor

They cant get all the vits and nutrients they need from the live food available, even if gut loaded to the max.
Just get the Repashys Calcium Plus, and you don't have to have separate calcium and vits, its all in one.

You want your dragon to live long as possible, and giving them the extra health boost can only contribute to this.
I guess you could give the vits to the live food, but I'm not sure how long it stays in their system, as the values are not designed for such little creatures.

Maybe if your dragon wont eat the dusted food, don't give him ANY un-dusted. Some hard loving maybe needed. It mights take a week or so, but He/she will eat soon enough when hungry, I guarantee it, dust included 8)

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Hi there! Boy they certainly can be stubborn huh? ;) I agree, your baby will eat when hungry enough...but have you thought about maybe trying a liquid multivitamin? How old is your beardie? It's recommended to dust one live feeding with the calcium/D3 5x a week and the multivitamin only one live feeding a day 2x a week.

Maybe try the liquid multivitamin or as stated previously the repashys calcium plus...

(It really IS important)

Keep us posted!

Calistil

Original Poster
I didn't want to dust with calcium as Phoenix Worms has expressly said on this forum that it is too much calcium.

I'll try just giving him dusted food until he eats it as suggested.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I fully understand where you are coming from as far as using Phoenix worms as a staple. I, however when I was using them as a staple still chose to dust them as well. Though only 2x weekly w/calcium w/D3 along with the 2x weekly multivitamin. It was just a suggestion I took from another member here. As they're suggestions...you're free to do as you see fit for your baby :)

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom