Dumb Novice Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my one and only beardie from a local breeder at a reptile show on Sunday.

He has what looks like a dirty band running on his throat/under his chin. It looks like dirt on the skin. Is he dirty or is it dark pigment in his throat area?

He's orange with clear toenails if that makes any difference. The breeder told me his color but I can't remember what he said.

One other thing, are bearded dragons on the CITES endangered species list? Do they need a CITES permit to be exported/imported? (There is always the possibility that I will retire in Canada before this guy dies of old age.)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
His color is perfectly normal, they all have a slight black hue under their neck scales which is sometimes visible, even in females. Adult females can blackbeard too, but not nearly as dark as males.

And no, they are not on the Cites list, but Australia does not allow exportation of any of their wildlife, maybe that's where you got that idea. You'll just have to check ahead of time if there are any steps you need to take to bring an animal into another country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom