Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0ker

i am *kind of* thinking about a collony of dubias :puke: but i need to test to see if joker would even like them in the first place
with the roaches hardshell i know i couldnt feed the adults to my 11.25 inch bearie can i feed the little ones?
right now joker eats about 10-20 crickets per feeding 2-3x a day
how many little roaches would that equal?
i gut load the crickets would that work for the roaches or do they need to be dusted?
how long does joker need to be before he can eat the adults?
:study:

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
with the roaches hardshell i know i couldnt feed the adults to my 11.25 inch bearie can i feed the little ones?

Yes, you can feed the little ones to any size dragon. And I believe I've read that the roaches' shell is actually not as hard as crickets, but I'm not sure. Follow the "space between the eyes" rule with roaches, the same as you would with crickets.

right now joker eats about 10-20 crickets per feeding 2-3x a day
how many little roaches would that equal?

It would be less, if you are feeding similarly sized roaches. Roaches have more "meat" than crickets.

i gut load the crickets would that work for the roaches or do they need to be dusted?

Roaches should be dusted as well as gutloaded. The same goes for crickets. If you're not dusting your crickets, you need to start.

how long does joker need to be before he can eat the adults?
At least 16", but the bigger the better. I fed my beardie an adult roach when he was about 18" and he didn't poop for three days, so I haven't fed him any since. If you are going to start a roach colony, you won't want to feed off the adults for several months anyway, and by the time your colony is secure enough to feed from regularly, your beardie should be big enough to take the adults. My dragon went from 12" to 18" in about two and a half months, and it's recommended to let a new colony sit for 3-6 months before feeding from it regularly.

Hope that helps!

J0ker

Original Poster
joker gets a VERY high calcium diet with dusted veggies, and wax worms so i was told not to also dust cricket

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Hm, well if you dust veggies then you don't have to dust crickets I guess. Most people dust their live feeders, that's why I wanted to make sure you were dusting yours.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
What do you gutload with? Bc the commercial gut loads that you find at pet stores actually give very little nutrients to your feeder insects. I like to my own gutload so that i can control what goes into my feeders. And if your dusting your veggies you dont need to dust insects but nothing can replace dusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom