Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little D

Hatchling Member
I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in some adult male Dubias??

I just sorted through mine to separate them and have way too many males. I would be willing to give them for free but the person taking some would have to cover shipping costs. Maybe let me know if you're interested and we'll go from there...

AprilMayJune

Hatchling Member
Where abouts are you? We could be interested. We are in the Stoney Creek/Hamilton area and go to the London area frequently.

doudare

I was wondering how the Dubia are for raising? I have 6 BD babies and 4 BD adults to feed.
Can I feed the roaches to the babies? They are eating 3/8 to 1/2" crickets at the moment.

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, you would be able to feed them the roaches but you would only give the babies, baby roaches ;) If you got your colony going well, you would have a variety of sizes of feeders to choose from.

doudare

Good Morning
Having never fed with roaches I have no idea .. lol ..but after reading a few threads I see that they are the same as feeding crickets. Just sort out the sizes and feed them. Have you found it difficult to start a roach colony and keep it going? I would like to try, having given up on raising crickets.

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, actually starting a roach colony is VERY easy and also easy to keep going. There are only a few main things to always keep right. First, the temps seem to be best if kept in the 90º range and only on one end of the tote. This way they have a cool side, just like your BD needs. Two, always make sure there is plenty of water crystals in the tote so that the humidity is high. If it's dry in the tote, it's no good.

So, always keep them in the dark. Light bothers them. Keep lots of food and water crystals in with them and disturb them as little as possible. If you go to the link I'll give you, theroachguy has a great care sheet that explain everything and he is also a great place to order water crystals from. Food you can make yourself. Everyone uses different stuff but I grind up a mixture of oatmeal and dry cat food. I also keep a container with carrots in with the roaches and every so often I throw in a half of an orange or something. Always check your carrots, etc. to make sure they aren't growing mold. This will kill your colony QUICK!

Below is the link for the care sheet:

http://www.theroachguy.com/caresheet.htm

doudare

Thanks for the info.
Did you find someone to take the males off your hands?
Can the adult male roaches be fed to adult dragons?

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, you can feed the adult roaches to the adult beardies. Actually, you can even feed smaller beardies the adults if you only give them maybe one or two a day. Then make sure they are digesting them well.

As for my adult roaches, I am in the process with someone now trying to sort out if they are going to take them or not.

doudare

How many totes are you using to house your colony, to supply your BD?

I live in London and will be heading to Newmarket probably at Easter. If you don't get rid of the male roaches let me know. If you are on route I will take them off your hands

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've got 3 seperate totes going. Two with breeders in them and one with nymphs and the adult males.

I actually live an hour West of you ;)

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
doudare":631b3 said:
An hour west you say! LOL darn

Yup, BUT, should they not get taken by this other person (which they sound like they will be) you could always cover the shipping, which would be like $6 at the most to London, and I could ship them "same day" shipping. I get a discount through work so your cost would be a bit lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom