Dubias Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuberNS92

Hi guy, I recently bought some Dubias Roaches to create a colony for my Bearded Dragon. I would say I have at least 100 roaches (50 medium and 50 mixed). I ordered another package of mixed when I realized how long it would take for them to colonize. I've read different sites an see there is a lot of false information out there, so I hoped I could get some advice and tips for experienced owners. Basically I need any and all information you can give me. Anything is welcomed. Here are a few questions though...

How do I know when a male and female roach reach adulthood. What distingushes them from one another.
What is the easiest way to distinguish a male and female from each other before adulthood.
How long till the roaches mate, lay eggs, and hatch?

Also information about set up would be great to.

I have a basic set-up. A rubbermaid bin with two egg carton bottoms. I put some dog food, life cereal, and brown sugar in a corner or two of the bin for feeding, and put in some Collard Greens occasionally. I also have a damp paper towel in there. I mist the sides daily to raise the humidity. Any advice on the set or changes that should be made?

Also, what is the best way to clean the bin, and how often?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom