Dubia vs crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. So my main question is how many dubias should a baby be eating. I have a new juvenile beardie for 3 days now. I had a beardie in the past and fed crickets as a baby. Well. This time around I am using dubia as a staple. He (I think) has eaten only about 7-11 per day so far. Of course. He's not touching his greens right now. Just wondering if this is enough with the dubia as compared to its remember my first one eating abut 30 crix at a time.

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
My dragon eats significantly less Dubia compared to other forms of insects. The dubia are usually much meatier compared to other insects, so I think they fill up on them faster than with other critters. How old his he? Since he's so new as well, he could just be shy about eating. Most babies will increase the amount they eat as they become more comfortable in their new home. If he's under 7 months old, feed him multiple times a day as well, aim for at least 2 insect feedings and ideally 3.

Jsilverback64

Original Poster
He is young. About 7 inches. Maybe 8. So maybe four to five months. He had a little diarrhea too but I know this could be change of home. Stress. Any number of things. He is otherwise acting like a healthy curious little dragon. I bring him out to offer once a day and leave always have an escape proof dish of roaches available.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Are you sure of his age? When I got Maggie the guy swore she was 3 months old, but after some research I realized he was a dummy and she was maybe 3 WEEKS old. Now she is 7 months old (if my guess is correct) and pushing 14" inches.

As for dubias, mine eats about half(ish) as many dubias as crickets. She could now through 30 crickets in a day, but only ate 10-20 dubia (depending on size). However, even with the smaller amount, when we switched she hit a major growth spurt and shed twice in once month.

Jsilverback64

Original Poster
No I'm not sure of exact age. But he is exactly 8 inches long tip to tip. Measured last night. Good news is I went to work this am and before I left I put 30 roaches in his dish. Come home to only 8 left. Solid poop. And he's just resting on one of his 3 favorite spots he seems to have taken a liking to. Staring at me like "did I do good" haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom