Dubia roaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

These forums are the only place I've ever seen/heard people talking about feeding dubia roaches to their beardies. Apparently it saves money? I don't know how I'm going to keep up with spending almost $10/week on crickets for my Dimitri. :(

Where do you get them? How do you start a colony? Want to provide an excellent diet for my baby; I hope to breed her some day. :blob8:

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
Check out theroachguy.com (he's on here and you can search for posts/threads)

You'll want to buy a setup from him or there are others as well, even some here on BD.ORG that are selling. It will take awhile because you want to have many adults breeding before you start feeding off the nymphs. Just search the Feeders area.

If you want to use crix while you are waiting for your dubia colony to get started, order in bulk as it's cheaper (A LOT CHEAPER).

Oh look in the For Sale area as well, there are some selling roaches there.

definitions

Juvie Member
HAHA 10$ a week isn't bad I spent 25 dollars a week on crickets . I said screw it and started buying in bulk 500 for 18 bucks that was way better.. now i'm moving onto dubias and phoenix worms :)

Prodigyitachi

Hatchling Member
I get all my dubias from different sellers from this Forum. Check out the Forsale section and a lot of people are selling, some even cheaper then Websites. Also there is some in Free section, but most likely its Pick up only. I started with atleast 100 females 50 males and 1000 mix nymphs. The more you start with the more it will produce and faster you will get a colony going without worrying it will run out.
As for the dubia chow you can order online from theRoachguy, its on sale for 10lbs for only 10 bucks. Or you can make your own. He also got the starter kit.
When I got my first 1000 Crickets it STINK and mine keep dying off for some reason. I had to clean the bin every once or twice a week. With dubia's i only clean the bin once a month. Hands down Dubia is the way to go :D. It is a bit expensive, but once you get your colony going you won't have to buy any feeders again (unless treats or switch diet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom