Dubia Roaches died??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago we bought 500 dubia's online. This time we bought from someone different then usual (The seller had great reviews). When we got them at least 50 of them were dead. I cleaned out the dead ones and put the rest in my bin. The next day i went and looked into the bin there was another 10 or so dead. When i was cleaning those out i was looking at them, most of the roaches were almost black.They looked like they were burnt or something. Wondering why they are dying and why they look like they are burnt. I have never seen roaches like this before. We have also been feeding this to our beardie but ever since we got them she seems to all of a sudden have not much interest in them. Wondering if her eating has something to do with these roaches or something totally different. Are these roaches safe for her to eat?

I have squash and some other foods inside the dubia bin so i know it has nothing to do with them not eating.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did you contact the seller to let him know your concerns and about all the die-offs? If not, I would do that right away.

Patriotsfan

Original Poster
No we did not contact the seller. I'm not worried about getting money back for those 60 some dubia's. I'm more concerned just making sure its not something on the dubia's that will make my beardie sick or kill her... and also just to find out what was/is making them die and look like that.

icelore

Juvie Member
You can contact the seller for reasons other then to get a refund. If something is wrong with your order or their stock, they are the first people you should ask, since they have the highest chance of knowing what is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom