dubia roach colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

bplakers

Hatchling Member
im not really a big fan of roaches but have been having problems keeping crickets alive. was just wondering if anyone offerd a starter kit for a colony and how you care for them ext. or if anyone has a website that will explain it appreciate it thanx

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Just, literally, like 2 seconds ago, made my first purchase for dubias to start a colony. http://www.theroachguy.com/ its a great website with tips and pointers and they have a kit! So far the guy (sorry I didn't catch his name) that runs it has been very helpful and has emailed me back quickly with an answer to every weird question I have had. Good luck and let us know how it goes! Can't wait till they get here!

bplakers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks i found him to. id rather go with crickets just cause there not roaches but im not having much luck with crickets lately so instead of throwing money down drain on that figured try something diff. still debating and gotta run it through the proper channels if you know what i mean

EShell

Hatchling Member
After fooling with both roaches and crickets, and then starting my own Dubia colony, I MUCH prefer dealing with the roaches.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
EShell":3sqrgggj said:
After fooling with both roaches and crickets, and then starting my own Dubia colony, I MUCH prefer dealing with the roaches.
+1

i also tried breeding supers too. i got impatient. easiest to breed (and most liked by my pooper) are roaches 2nd easiest to breed are supers. i had a crix colony going for a while, but crix are gross :lol: ;)

Grimleo

Juvie Member
I agree with bambichik39, TheRoachGuy has always been extremely helpful and his site has everything you need to get started. I've never come across someone with such great customer service, and willingness to help. =) Also from experience I can tell you that you might not like the idea of having roaches, but once you have had them for a while crickets become very shun-able, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom