Dubia question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
I have some dubia roaches from our breeder, and some of them seem a bit large for Puff now that they've been eating here. Should I separate the large ones from the smaller ones and try to start a breeding colony? We have a pretty cool house so we'd probably need a heater underneath ...

I don't want to feed them, yet I don't want them to go to waste, either.

Did I mention I am quite afraid of roaches?! My husband and daughter do the feeding. I can handle the reptiworms because they are slow. ;) But Puff loves the dubia so I'll keep doing them for his sake.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Just keep them all in one bin and stick a heat mat underneath. If yheres any adults they will do their thing and feed the nymphs.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
It also depends on how many you have? If you only have a few, it's probably not worth your time haha. If you have a good amount, then go for it!!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Honda99300ex":27al8y1e said:
It also depends on how many you have? If you only have a few, it's probably not worth your time haha. If you have a good amount, then go for it!!
welk even if she doesnt have enough for it to be self sustaining ta still worth it to get some free dubias out of it. It doesnt take much effort

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
I deff disagree with that.... Go ahead and start a colony with three roaches and see where it goes haha what if those three nymphs are males? I'm not saying you couldn't do that,I'm just saying in some cases it wouldn't be worth the effort, of buying a heat source, housing for them, and food and water crystals. If she has at least a couple dozen I'd say if your up for it, do it. Really it's all up to her! Dubia are deff te way to go though, I haven't bought feeders in a while! If you decide to start a colony and need some more roaches, I'll make ya a deal, and I can ship them! Good luck!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Well yeah i defonitely wouldnt start one with three nynphs. I meant if she had a few adults. And even then wouldnt be enough for a colony, but enough to breed maybe once or twice. It didnt take much money for me to get started. I took the heating pad out of a heated blanket and removed the auto shut off pin off the circuit. The crystals ate like 6 bucks for a jar, and you can make your own roach chow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom