Dubia humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Any suggestions for bumping the humidity in my dubia colony? It seems like no matter what I do, I'm still at 20% according to my thermometer/hygrometer. I understand it's best to get this up to around 40%.

The therm is sitting on the bottom of the tank, right above the heating pad. It registers 92 degrees and 20% humidity. I have a big SmartBalance container full of water, with pinholes poked in the lid in there, but that didn't make a dent in the humidity.

Just now I tried misting the egg crates with a bit of water, but that was just 5 minutes ago.

Steve

paullyn59

I had the same problem. I finally fixed it by soaking an old towel and wrung it out. Then spread it across the top where there is no screen and put the lid back on. Lasts about 3 days. Throw it in the wash and put back on straight from the machine. Lowers my temps about 5 degrees though.

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
Are you saying your also getting your humidity reading off the floor of the colony if so try and hang it from a string directly in the cent of the tote? Put the top back on and let it sit for a bit then go check it. I would think sitting on the bottom its not getting you a good ambient reading. Also I would stay away from misting, so do this but I don’t its your call.

If you were still having issues I would try and cover up some of your ventilation holes and just add a larger dish of water crystals. 20% is not to bad at all if your not having nymphs or sub-adults dying off from bad molts I wouldn’t stress it. Ours only gets around 28-35% in the winter and 40-45% in the summer.
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom