Dubia Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
ok im going to be starting a dubia colony soon.i have found a 110 litre box. is this too big? and also is there anyone who can send me a link to a human heating pad without an auto shutoff feature?? i am looking for u a uk based heating pad if possible. thanks guys

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PetLover16":rkkw56cq said:
thanks for letting me know about the tub. but that heat pad (as with every other one i find) has an auto shut off feauture. i need the enclosure to be heated constantly and most heat pads shut off after 90-120mins. i know that you can get heat pads without auto shut off but its just a case of finding one :?

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gimmexthexloot":179ep8z8 said:
I ise a uth connected to a table lamp dimmer
I know and that was my original plan. Then I read a thread where someone did the same with crickets. There ws a thunderstorm and the power surge caused the UTH to burn a hole in the tub and they escaped. That thread worried me.......

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gimmexthexloot":3jexdzub said:
Hm that would be bad. Connect it to a surge protector.
Cheers buddy uth with a lamp dimmer and a surge protector it is!!!! I can't wait to have many many roaches

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
well it takes time to get the colony up and goin. ive been going at it for about two months and im still adding to it every paycheck, but ive also been feeding my adult dragon out of it. It would be nice to feed my recently acquired baby dragon, but hed destroy my colony lol.

how many are you thinkin of buying to start out?

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not even sure yet. Hav 2 wait til next paycheck to get the bugs themselves and uth etc. Ws thinkin of maybe 200 females and 15 males. How many did you start up with?

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
I think youd be a lot better off then me, i still dont have that many adults. Ive bought mostly only mixed sizes just bc I have to feed too, ive probably got around 40 adult f and 15 adult male and around 700 nymphs. im getting ready to start buying more adults tho bc im sittin pretty good on nymphs.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I need to start off strong because my BD is only 4 months old and he chomps down insects like there's no tomorrow. The fastest I havee ever seen him move is for a dubia. I won't be feeding from it at first I will wait until it has had time to grow. And when I have too many. I will get another BD :)

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
sounds like a good idea to me haha. if your ever looking for a good healthy leatherback i can recommend a good breeder out of michigan.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks man, unfortunately I'm in the uk :( am going to try to track down a breeder round here. Prob won't be for a year or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom